BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Fan survey expected features

Fan survey expected features

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/10/2012 4:25:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1) Fans are exited (filling arena) from a win against a stronger (or an equal) team, much more than just a weaker one.

2) Fans are less disappointed by losses to a (much) stronger teams, compared to loses to an equals or weaker teams.

3) Fans has long memory of team's performance.
A team that demoted and then promoted and goes strong, will have less fans than one who stays at the same higher division w/o being demoted.
That is why the "long-term plan" of going to a lower division and then going back to the higher one with more resources for taking a title is something that is not happening at real-BB game.

4) Scrimmages has lesser affect than league games.
Cup games has higher affect than a regular league game.

5) As there is today, a game that goes live (TV) or being played against a rival, gets more interest by the fans.
This affect should be decreased by the game, and until the next TV or Rival game.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 3/10/2012 5:36:52 AM

This Post:
212406.2 in reply to 212406.1
Date: 3/10/2012 4:27:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And your suggestion is...?

It´s all there (just not the scrimmage part, which has no influence at all atm I think).

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
212406.4 in reply to 212406.3
Date: 3/10/2012 10:08:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the part where a teams strength is taken into account for how high or low the rating will be. As it is now a new team can get ½ ball from being beaten by a dominant team in the league.
I dont think scrimmages has any affect on the fan survey at all as it is now. All you get out of that is training minutes.
I think you are wrong about the scrimmages.
In any case, I think they should have an affect, but much smaller than a regular game.

This Post:
212406.5 in reply to 212406.4
Date: 3/12/2012 1:29:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Scrimmages definitely have no effect Pini....

Check the Suggestions they are important
This Post:
212406.6 in reply to 212406.5
Date: 3/12/2012 2:46:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Scrimmages definitely have no effect Pini....
I guess you are right, as you are not the only one to claim that. I will check it up.
But in case it does work like this, I think they should add some small affect from scrimmages games on the Fan-Survey.
Any game has and should have affect on fan-base. Some of the game affect much less, but they all do affect the fans.

This Post:
212406.8 in reply to 212406.7
Date: 3/12/2012 4:14:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont like a change in that SC games should affect the fan survey. They are just a practice game with another team and should not be anything else then a extra game to get some more training and manage GS.
So why having scrimmages althogether?
Just choose the minutes to be divided and end up with it.
No reason for the server time it costs.
And while doing that, why having injuries at those game that are "just for training and GS"?
Needless to say I don't agree with this perception.

I dont like the cup and having to manage minutes in both it and the league is something i really hate. But its a part of the game so jsut have to live with it. But if the scrimmage was affecting the fan survey we still would have 3 competitive games every week after were eliminated from the cup.
This is only another reason why it is a good suggestion.
Why does those teams that are still playing on the cup need to prepare a lineup for three real games and those who had been disqualified does not?

I cant say a scrimmage of a RL team that i support ever would hold any importance to me. No matter how bad loss it was or how good win it was. Cause it will still not hold any value as it is just practice.
Nonsense.
When you see your team taking the last year champs it will do something.
The same way around when they are being defeated by the former season wimp.
Again - much less than a real game, but it is surely affect the fans.

This Post:
212406.10 in reply to 212406.9
Date: 3/12/2012 4:40:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So why having scrimmages althogether?
Just choose the minutes to be divided and end up with it.
No reason for the server time it costs.
And while doing that, why having injuries at those game that are "just for training and GS"?
Needless to say I don't agree with this perception.

I guess you read the training and GS part, and that should be the answer for why to have them. The injury part is just logical, since you gain something you should also have a chance of losing something.
And in addition to that gain and pay, there is the Fan-Survey pay that should be added as well.
Why leaving that behind and all the other games' asspect not? No reason.

Why does those teams that are still playing on the cup need to prepare a lineup for three real games and those who had been disqualified does not?

They are still in the competition and is playing for cash prices at ever win as well as training and GS minutes. The further you go the higher rating you'll get in the fan survey on the cup part where you have the chance to make some extra money for the remains of the season.
So??? How does that relevant?
Being able to hadle three (real) games a week is one of the games main features. It should be true for cup games and scrimmage games (but, as I said with smaller affect).

Nonsense.
When you see your team taking the last year champs it will do something.
The same way around when they are being defeated by the former season wimp.
Again - much less than a real game, but it is surely affect the fans.

I honestly dont care how well or bad they play in the practice games. It is the real games when the league starts that count. I couldn't care less about anything else.
Most are.
When Barca beat LA-Lakers on a scrimmage game, about a year ago, don't you think that both fan bases had some affect due to that?

This Post:
212406.11 in reply to 212406.10
Date: 3/13/2012 6:54:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I doubt most of the LA fan base even noticed.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...