BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Promotion and demotion new scheme

Promotion and demotion new scheme

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/11/2012 4:50:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Users are just pilling up more and more assets (money, roster value, arena size, etc.) as the seasons go by.
New users could not and cannot catch up with old users with the same skills.
[Reminder - France, Spain and Italy (25% of BB-community) had not even a single user at their first division that had joined after season-4 (checked at the end of season 17)]

Hence, I suggest that on each end of season all of the leagues on the same division will be ordered from scratch.
The teams will be ordered upon assets value estimation.
Those that are ordered 1-16 will assemble league X.1, those ordered 17-32 will assemble league X.2, and so on.

The additional benfit, exept a more balanced and competitive leagues, is that all those "long term planners" (AKA tankers) will have another thing to think about before making their league more boring with their tanking.

[It is important for me to thank "Wolph" who assisted me, due to a discussion we had on another forum, thinking about this, and by that bringing this suggesion]

Last edited by Pini פיני at 3/11/2012 4:53:43 PM

This Post:
212505.3 in reply to 212505.2
Date: 3/11/2012 5:33:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh that's a good one ! Thanks for the laugh of the evening :D
Is there a connection between that response to the fact that you are playing at the first division of France, which is one of those huge BB-nations that hadn't a single team that joined the game later then season-4 at her first division?

From looking at your league standing on last two seasons it seems that this suggestion is directly pointing to your behavior. As it seems (?????) from that observation, you are tanking all season long, for (at least) two season in a row, and then, at the end of the season, secure your place at the division by buying players for the sake of that alone.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 3/11/2012 5:35:19 PM

This Post:
212505.6 in reply to 212505.1
Date: 3/11/2012 10:59:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Users are just pilling up more and more assets (money, roster value, arena size, etc.) as the seasons go by.

wrong

here is a simple example from my league

this is just 1 team in my league & just this year

Juraj Hoferica Bought INTERIER KRSKO 7/24/2011 $ 2 200 000
Juraj Hoferica Sold johny i tak przegracie 2/20/2012 $ 205 100

Abel Jiménez Bought Leça-mar Warriors 1/25/2011 $ 1 768 700
Abel Jiménez Sold New coming Champs 2/17/2012 $ 450 000

Aristomenis Moraitis Bought K.B.Trepça 12/1/2010 $ 1 150 000
Aristomenis Moraitis Sold Boney M B.C. 2/14/2012 $ 742 900

Dom Redd Bought Free Agent 3/8/2011 $ 1 900 000
Dom Redd Sold 科科園區2/14/2012 $ 583 800

those r the biggest 4 this year but there are lots more small ones

just those 4 deals total 2 about 5 million $$$ in losses

is that really piling up more assets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but seriously ur idea is brilliant

but why limit it to divisions why not countries?

this season u r d3 israel

next season nbba in usa

the season after d6 in spain

it would make planning, effort, and sort of budgeting redundant and really help the game u r a genius

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

u r starting 2 make me feel like this

http://xkcd.com/386/

Last edited by abigfishy at 3/11/2012 11:02:23 PM

This Post:
212505.7 in reply to 212505.4
Date: 3/12/2012 3:14:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh that's a good one ! Thanks for the laugh of the evening :D
Is there a connection between that response to the fact that you are playing at the first division of France, which is one of those huge BB-nations that hadn't a single team that joined the game later then season-4 at her first division?

From looking at your league standing on last two seasons it seems that this suggestion is directly pointing to your behavior. As it seems (?????) from that observation, you are tanking all season long, for (at least) two season in a row, and then, at the end of the season, secure your place at the division by buying players for the sake of that alone.

Wow. I didn't know you were so bad to analyze BB teams :o

Check again my team, my transfers and ranking. Also, check how much I pay my players currently and call that again tanking :D

Seriously, reread your proposition and tell me this would be a good idea. Secondly, you, the hero of real BB (your BB, basketball, not the one of the 50.000 other users, the game), can you tell where in real life you saw something who are similar to what you are proposing.

To finish, stop thinking other just defend their position, you are so totally wrong, it's getting more and more annoying.

since it is impossible that player lost in value(the value increase in age), and you are behind younger team you have to be tanking. VOID

This Post:
212505.8 in reply to 212505.1
Date: 3/12/2012 4:46:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hence, I suggest that on each end of season all of the leagues on the same division will be ordered from scratch.
The teams will be ordered upon assets value estimation.
Those that are ordered 1-16 will assemble league X.1, those ordered 17-32 will assemble league X.2, and so on.

Seems terrible.

Let's say you play in III.16 (which you actually do, but let's say you continue to play there after such a reordering) and you then win the league and promote. You would thus promote ahead of 225 teams (16*16-16-15) that we can expect, by your judgement actually, to be better teams than yours. Does not seem fair, and this can't really be considered merely good luck, can it? In the current system, this can't happen systematically or in practice at all. (Apart from the lowest-league-level issue discussed somewhere in the depths of thread (206866.1) where something similar is possible in very unlucky cases.)

After you promote to II division, you are thus most likely to be placed in II.4 (along with many of the other newly promoted teams). You are a likely underdog (given your previous judgement) and may end up demoting, but let's say you overcome the difficulties and go on to promote again. These things happen due to manager's skill, short-term strategies, and pure luck. I have no doubt you excel in all three. You thus promote ahead of 45 teams that, again by your judgement, should be better than yours. At this very same moment, there are still a bunch of teams in division III (probably about 200 of them) that we can expect, by your very own judgement, to be better than yours. Some of them promote, many even demote to division IV.

Of course, this is the worst-case scenario that probably requires some good luck. But this is also something that is made possible by your suggestion, and this is something that will happen to a lesser degree under a league system based on that suggestion. How is this at all fair or even a slightest improvement over the current system?

If your suggestion were implemented, I think the current pyramid structure (see example above) should be reorganized into something with many more division levels than what we currently have. That would be very bad for large nations, while potentially quite nice for smaller nations. As far as we know, the current overall structure will however stay and all countries will use the same system. Your suggestion seems doomed.

This Post:
212505.10 in reply to 212505.5
Date: 3/12/2012 3:00:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll givey ou your 42nd ball if you admit that you have ever been wrong about anything in your life, starting with this suggestion.
I've never heard of this being done in a real league structure anywhere in the world, ever. usually you argue for realism. Clearly this suggestion is completely unrealistic.
Can you admit even that? NO? Durn.
Amazingly, the same users are afraid of any change that will make
the "wall" for the new users reasonable.

Did you brang a reason or a claim why it is a bad idea?
No.

Did I was supprised by that?
Not really.

In the real world, there are no tankers.
In real world, there is no league that is actually played by few teams only while the others are just "watchers", and by desicion.
In real-world, all of the leagues are balanced in a sence that all users at one league has a really same chance to be promoted.
In real-world, the fan base will just leave the team if that team will decide that they are saving money and not using it to make the best team they can.

You are trying to play on both angles, and you don't have a single ball (or claim) to play on either of the two.
This is why you are focusing on attacking the suggestor and not the suggestion.
Maturity and mentally-abilitites in motion.

This Post:
212505.11 in reply to 212505.10
Date: 3/12/2012 3:07:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about we simply make completely random divisions and conferences every season and the winner of each "league" will win a ... cup?

Last edited by LA-seelenjaeger at 3/12/2012 3:07:33 PM

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...