BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > BB motor does not run

BB motor does not run

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/18/2012 9:05:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We had a game last Saturday, our team was ahead between 3 an 5 points at the moment when less than 2 minutes remaining of first overtime. We had offensive tactick Look inside. What was the .......... reason our players tried 3 times a row 3 point shoots in these crucial moments. None of those where successfull. I would not be satisfied even all those had been in.
This time we won, but only with good luck, not with dood strategy which can not be established.

I like BB but sometimes I get mad, because there are SO, SO many bad problems in the motor if last minutes coming. Sometimes looks like people making the code had never seen basketball in their lives?

Have to say only "Hallelujah"

This Post:
212905.2 in reply to 212905.1
Date: 3/18/2012 9:54:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
They were down by 3 points with 2 minutes left on the clock, and they had a feeling that they could turn the tables, especially with 2 starters of yours fouled out, so they had a morale boost and put more focus into the game,tightening the defense, cutting passing routes to the inside, so your PG can only pass to your SG and SF, who were on the outside and they had no choice but to shoot 3s?
(I know its kind of a weird theory, but things like these really do happen, well at least in real life basketball :x)

Besides, your starting PG got fouled out, and was replaced by a player with recommended position of a SF(though I notice he has been playing PG for the whole of his life), maybe his passing skills are not as good as your starting PG (I don't know actually, just making a wild guess), so the offensive flow wasn't as good as it was when your starting PG was still in the game, therefore passing to the inside became harder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still pretty new to the game :)

Cheers~

Last edited by Muffins at 3/18/2012 10:14:36 AM

This Post:
212905.3 in reply to 212905.1
Date: 3/18/2012 2:34:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
your offensive flow is not very good. get some passers and you wont be chucking up bad shots.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
212905.5 in reply to 212905.1
Date: 3/18/2012 3:38:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i wouldn't blame your OF to much for that, cince 9 taken 3 pointers is rather low for an LI game, but they are usually desperation shots so that in this situation you had trouble to get an good enough shot inside(or maybe one rather good outside) so that your player prefer to make an 3 pointer instead of a shot clock violation.

That this happens 3 times in a row is quite ugly, but sometimes you have a lucky streak or the opposite of it.

And don't forget that the coaches change tactics a bit during a match(not as much to as good at the end like you started with the right tactic but they correct it a bit during the match), so that it should have become harder to get an inside shot at the end and maybe your coach already said that you could take a bit longer shots compared to the beginning.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 3/18/2012 3:42:56 PM

This Post:
212905.6 in reply to 212905.4
Date: 3/18/2012 7:39:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes! finally haha :DDD