BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > New to Basketball (not BB)

New to Basketball (not BB) (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/27/2008 10:26:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey - dont know if it was a repeat but I managed to sit thru a full game of real Basketball yesterday - Duke v WVU for a place in the sweet sixteen?

I wanted to share my observations and ask if i had interpreted some of what i'd seen correctly. I was impressed with Alexander (C?) from WVU and also the smallest guy (Mezuno?) who walked off with some great stats.

Overall I felt the key area of the whole match was defence.... both teams seemed to be closing down as opposed to standing off and therefore trying to create turnovers... i felt that Handling and Driving are 2 skills that seem vital across all positions.... early on the Duke PG sank two 3 pointers and was at one point totally controlling the play and I can see the importance of the PG needing good passing now. Then later as the game became more open - Alexander (who for me was the MVP) started to exploit holes that Duke left open as they tried to get back in the game.

But the defence seems pivotal to success as if you dont leave a man open inside or out it seems almost impossible to score against...also FTs. Both teams rarely missed shooting i think over 80% in most cases. You really got the feel also for when coaches use timeouts....

How accurate is my assessment? I appreciate that different tactics will demonstrate different strengths and weaknesses.. I am definitely thinking of pumping my OD and Passing for all small guys as opposed to more JS....

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 3/27/2008 10:27:13 PM

This Post:
21385.2 in reply to 21385.1
Date: 3/28/2008 12:21:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Superfly, since we don't have the ability to move threads, I'm reposting this in the Non-BB Global English forum. Please continue discussion there. (21388.1)

Last edited by ReDonkulous at 3/28/2008 12:24:00 AM