BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Use 85% of income or more

Use 85% of income or more (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/11/2012 11:19:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As the title is too long, here it is again:
Each season a team must use at least 85% of all the income they got, including the money they had prior of that season. The rest will go to charity (or to the other teams on that league)

This suggestion will make the game more competitive.

As one said that "there is no more advantage of being more time in the game", as such he cannot argue against this suggestion as this surely will not affect anything...

It also give room for long-term plan, but a competitive game is the base of having a game where users stop leaving at the rate they currently do.

Reminder:
1) The following BB-nations that together consist 25% of the entire BB-community had not a single team (on season-17, when that was checked), that have joined the game later than season-four!!!
The BB-nations name of those are:
A) France
B) Spain
C) Italy

2) The following BB-nation had the order of the team (at the end of season-18, if I remember correctly) exactly upon the date they joined the game. Meaning - the top team had been the one who joined first, etc.
The name of that BB-nation is Germany.

The above proves that the game has competitiveness issues, and here is another suggestion for improving it.
Adding more statistics will not cause less users to leave the game.
Adding features for making this game more competitive will.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 4/11/2012 12:55:05 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
214325.3 in reply to 214325.1
Date: 4/11/2012 12:05:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On the Road to ACBB (spanish first division). entered the game on season 10.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/77189/history.aspx)

This Post:
214325.4 in reply to 214325.1
Date: 4/11/2012 12:14:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's clear you think there's a problem in the game where certain top level leagues are populated almost exclusively with old-time managers. But shouldn't you at least devote a few words of your lengthy post to describing how or why your suggestion will address the problem, rather than spending that much more time rehashing your complaint?

How will your suggestion change anything? Why would it work? What makes you think that is going to make people stay?

The thing is, if you changed the thread title to "Players on their original team should only receive half salary" or "Teams with more than $5 million should have their players injured at a greater rate" you wouldn't have to change the post itself at all. If you respect your suggestions in the least, I would encourage you to spend more time on them and less time rehashing an argument that has beaten to death, turned into glue, and then eaten by children distracted while you look for the horse to beat him one more time.

This Post:
214325.5 in reply to 214325.3
Date: 4/11/2012 12:22:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On the Road to ACBB (spanish first division). entered the game on season 10.
http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/77189/history.aspx
What do you think it proves?
It proves nothing.

Once in a while, some old users just retired.

Once in a while, a much better user joins the game, and has chance to bit the old users, because he is much better.
If he was at the same level he wouldn't.

Once in a while, a new cheater joins the game, and succeeds to plow his way by that to the first division.

Once in a while, a user that has more time than others, exploits that on the current auction scheme.
A scheme that give advantage to those who have time, although totally not relevant to being a better BB-manager.

I didn't look at that team, and I don't know their story.
I do know that they are still not part of the first division.

I do know, from CrazyEye that there where other advanteages for users who joined prior of season 12-14.

I do know that all of the aboe does not explain how come there was not a single team who joined BB later than season-four at the first division of Spain (on season 17, where I checked it).

Last edited by Pini פיני at 4/11/2012 12:33:55 PM

This Post:
214325.6 in reply to 214325.4
Date: 4/11/2012 12:32:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's clear you think there's a problem in the game where certain top level leagues are populated almost exclusively with old-time managers.
First - on my example it wasn't almost all the teams on those leagues, but just ALL.
On France, Spain and Italy there was not a single team at the first division who have joined the game later than season four.
Second - what is not clear is how did you go over it with out finding a problem with it.
It makes me wonder...

But shouldn't you at least devote a few words of your lengthy post to describing how or why your suggestion will address the problem, rather than spending that much more time rehashing your complaint?

How will your suggestion change anything? Why would it work? What makes you think that is going to make people stay?
You asked and you will be answered :+>...

When there will not be so much reserves from those earlier seasons, the game will be competitive.
When each team needs to use (almost) all of the reserves, this is what will happen.

A team that will not see a wall that cannot be passed no matter how good he will be, and how much improvement on understanding the game he will achieve, will want to stay in the game longer.

The thing is, if you changed the thread title to "Players on their original team should only receive half salary" or "Teams with more than $5 million should have their players injured at a greater rate" you wouldn't have to change the post itself at all. If you respect your suggestions in the least, I would encourage you to spend more time on them and less time rehashing an argument that has beaten to death, turned into glue, and then eaten by children distracted while you look for the horse to beat him one more time.
Each suggestion for improving competitiveness is a different topic.
I WILL keep posting them, as I see it crucial to this game.

Reminding why they are crucial with those examples (and others, when I'll have time and will), is important to those topics.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 4/11/2012 12:51:28 PM

This Post:
214325.7 in reply to 214325.5
Date: 4/11/2012 12:33:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course there are advantages to join before. More time bigger arena. So what you suggest is denying all the time a user has played??

Then I suggest you games that function in cycles and when a cycle is finished all users begin from scratch. That evens the field.

And that team was a former spanish DIV1 champ. Stopped playing, came back and is on the way to the top again. The difference is skill gained from experience. It is a good example that the ladder can be climbed, but its dissadvantageous for him, and it whould be.

This Post:
214325.8 in reply to 214325.5
Date: 4/11/2012 12:37:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if you quote me, the thing you know is the reason why there are so many old user, at the top, beside the fact that experience gives also advantages and a slow exchanging division system don't change the structure over night ;)

So if me quote me, do it right and i agree with hrudey don't repeat it every second post.

Indeed i believe that this suggestion might work, even when i reduce it to the mean of the last weekly incomes(maybe with added cup/bbb), and made it a more individual and especially higher salary floor.

Including old income and transfer income/losses imho will lead to chaos.

This Post:
214325.9 in reply to 214325.7
Date: 4/11/2012 12:40:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course there are advantages to join before. More time bigger arena. So what you suggest is denying all the time a user has played??

Then I suggest you games that function in cycles and when a cycle is finished all users begin from scratch. That evens the field.
This is also a good solution, but less, as the continuation of this game is one of what makes it fun.

Time is knowledge. They could use that.
Having much more money (due to earlier joining), that makes this game impossible for new users, and hence they are leaving, is not something they should receive.

If the game had been desinged with this feature (as should have), they would have played it just as much, because this is not the reason they are playing it - the advantage of joining earlier.

And that team was a former spanish DIV1 champ. Stopped playing, came back and is on the way to the top again. The difference is skill gained from experience. It is a good example that the ladder can be climbed, but its dissadvantageous for him, and it whould be.
I've already answered that, and you still didn't answered the following:
how come there was not a single team who joined BB later than season-four at the first division of Spain (on season 17, where I checked it).

Last edited by Pini פיני at 4/11/2012 12:40:58 PM

This Post:
214325.10 in reply to 214325.7
Date: 4/11/2012 12:40:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pini, you are contradicting yourself.

You cannot be BOTH for your salary cap suggestion AND this one. They won´t work both at the same time. Make up your mind.

And please follow this kind of structure in your next 123,404,323 threads in suggestions forum:

"Key word - Topic" in the Topic

Suggestion in the first post.

Your first post is lacking any valuable suggestion and considers of 95% bias and selective data with incoherent conclusions that you risk an instant closing and deleting of the thread.

Last edited by LA-seelenjaeger at 4/11/2012 12:42:57 PM

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
Message deleted