Suggestions > Ideas for a balance

Ideas for a balance

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
214883.4 in reply to 214883.1
Date: 4/23/2012 7:39:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nations under that bottom number should be eliminated.

Well, I disagree with the move of eliminating small nations, I don't know about you or the other people here(particularly those from small nations) but one of the biggest reason I like BB is because we(people from nation) are able to come together and discuss about plans etc for our NT. To me, being able to be involved in our NT is one of the most exciting part about BB.

If you were to eliminate our country, I doubt I'll be able to feel the same for the other NT as much as I feel for our country's.
It will really spoil the fun in BB imo.

I don't want to argue, but I'd like to just voice out :)

This Post:
214883.5 in reply to 214883.3
Date: 4/23/2012 10:31:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with everything in your post except nation sizes. The attendance calculations are off by a mile in this game

This Post:
214883.6 in reply to 214883.4
Date: 4/23/2012 12:32:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about if we kept our flags and nations and our little NTs but were playing larger World Leagues? At least for the very small nations, Malaysia seems large enough to have active people in D3 so arguably it's big enough to exist independently.

Coming from a tiny nation, I'd be glad if they just announced they were smushing us all into a World League, I'd have restarted again in England or somewhere if I didn't have some cursed sentimentality for my own team built up over the seasons. I could see no problem with that at all if we could still keep our players nationalities and NT's. Players could create their own national and language sub-forums within the league forum if they wished and the only difference would be actually having competition.

I agree with the idea on more dynamic arena incomes too.

This Post:
214883.7 in reply to 214883.6
Date: 4/23/2012 2:52:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sacramento hasn't won squat in years, its owners have been raking their fans and the city over the coals since they bought the team, and yet they still have sold 82% of their seats this season. Granted, that is down from 100% in 2007 but as bad as they have been I don't think you can call it droves. There are examples in other sports as well. NUFC got relegated three seasons ago and set a Championship attendance record in their one season down. The Cubs routinely sell over 90% of their seats and they haven't won anything in a long long long time. People don't just go to games to support winners.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
214883.8 in reply to 214883.7
Date: 4/23/2012 3:25:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you know we're talking about a different scenario from teams that just suck or are badly run.

Newcastle didn't puposefully sell all their players and field a team of 1k players or forfeit all their games in order so save up millions. If they had done, zero fans would have turned up and their plan to make millions would have failed. Should be the same here.

Last edited by Tortuga at 4/23/2012 3:26:21 PM