Suggestions > tactics setting for overplay

tactics setting for overplay

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
214969.2 in reply to 214969.1
Date: 4/24/2012 9:12:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am against it, like you said it would make things to easy and strictly follow isn't that unpredictable, or is it? Also some minutes more or less, don't ruin you.

It could be also used, to make player play exactly 48 min at training spots, without the disadvantages you get when playing without subs(and i don't like that too, but i use it)

Edit: i would welcome other substitution patterns, with different behaviour like "6th men" where the player basically share the playing time on a position. And removal of the bug of the existing one, who imho often act pretty similiar to strictly follow.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 4/24/2012 9:16:46 AM

Message deleted

This Post:
214969.5 in reply to 214969.2
Date: 4/26/2012 1:44:22 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with frustration, but I suspect this would make the GE too complicated. What happens if there's an injury or if a player fouls out? What about mid-game tactic changes (that allegedly happen). I think the suggestion speaks of the imperfection in the current system, but I don't think I've seen a really sound way to improve the controls on the way a coach allocated minutes during a game. Setting a weekly limit for players I think actually might not be the right way to do it, although if there were a way to make this limit only applicable to scrimmages... well then we might be on to something. I'm not sure if that's possible, though. Maybe we can get a smarter person than me to chime in on that? What's the harm in telling a coach that all players playing in a scrimmage cannot exceed a weekly limit of x minutes, and is that possible to implement?

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
214969.6 in reply to 214969.5
Date: 4/26/2012 4:06:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with frustration, but I suspect this would make the GE too complicated. What happens if there's an injury or if a player fouls out? What about mid-game tactic changes (that allegedly happen). I think the suggestion speaks of the imperfection in the current system, but I don't think I've seen a really sound way to improve the controls on the way a coach allocated minutes during a game. Setting a weekly limit for players I think actually might not be the right way to do it, although if there were a way to make this limit only applicable to scrimmages... well then we might be on to something. I'm not sure if that's possible, though. Maybe we can get a smarter person than me to chime in on that? What's the harm in telling a coach that all players playing in a scrimmage cannot exceed a weekly limit of x minutes, and is that possible to implement?

I've thrown out the idea a couple of times for the option of having an "attitude" toward substitutions at each position:
1. Play to win! (coach plays starters exclusively except for when the backups are better due to fatigue, maybe even calls a TO to put starters back in after a rest).
2. Play as normal. (something like today, preferring starters but looking to get backups 10-15 minutes for example).
3. Rotate them! (trying to get both starter and backup to have as close to 24 minutes as possible, within the flow of the game).

I don't think any of those necessarily makes it easier to get a full 48 or to exactly manage GS. But I've always been disappointed by some of the situations I had early on where I had two guys of fairly even skill who both had pretty high stamina that I wanted to rotate, but it always came down to whoever started playing almost all the minutes and the backup playing few if there was no garbage time.