BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Change the economic update day

Change the economic update day

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/29/2012 4:55:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so in Israel D.I we have the same problem 3 teams want to finish 5 and rather finish 6 then 4 i am going to finish 3 and i feel cheated from it

the solution is simple in my eyes as the problem come from the fact that 5 place do not pay sallerys for one week (in my league it is abut 700 at average) if you move the economic update till after the first game of the playoff AI Tuesday-Wednesday you remove the problem as the 5 place get to pay the same sallerys that 3-4 place pay if they drop from the playoffs after one game

the one problem with it is the fact that it "screw" the team that lose in the semi
this can be fixed by changeing the ratio of the income to 2/3 for the home and away teams (the home team still have HCA so they still get something from their place)

Get your facts firs then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain

This Post:
215309.3 in reply to 215309.2
Date: 4/30/2012 3:43:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the problem is not me mate i added a smily where i say i feel cheated if i really wanted i'd ended up 5

but the problem is that you see a game between 4 place and 5 place at the end of the season and the game i s 3 vs 4 and playerd play in odd positions

this is not sepose to be the normal thing (and it is)

yes they are scheduled to run in a certain time and my suggeshtion is to move them to be scheduled to run in a different time to fix one of Buzzer biggest problems (and it do just that)

if you see a problem in my suggestion please do tell
but if you do not see any problems telling me to try harder next season is not fixing the problem and not show a problem in my suggestion

This Post:
215309.4 in reply to 215309.3
Date: 4/30/2012 4:53:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My suggestion is a minor one but to make 5th (and 8th not as good) in weeks that the team doesn't play a competitive game they don't pay salaries and they don't get any TV money or merchandising. This would be less bad than the bad old days of full costs and little income but would make 5th a lot less attractive than it is now without making it crippling. I believe it would be a much easier change than moving the day the financial update would happen.

This Post:
215309.5 in reply to 215309.4
Date: 4/30/2012 6:15:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This issue is a repetitive one;

The claim is that the affect on fan base (on the next season) is what makes this decision wrong.

I think that they should make it clearer with prize money upon the place one ends the season, and to deduct that from the fan base affect they are currently claiming that exists.

But as the latest feature had been a new statistics, I'm pretty sure they do not intend to look at this issue, although the constant noise it creates.

This Post:
215309.6 in reply to 215309.5
Date: 4/30/2012 7:01:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But as the latest feature had been a new statistics, I'm pretty sure they do not intend to look at this issue, although the constant noise it creates.

if you'r intention in every post is to give a low blow to the BB's please do not talk at all i fail to see how you'r post here help in anyway

as for not getting the merchandise and tv money i do not think it will work as in D.I atleast 700+ (my sallery is 770 right now) now move the tv contract away 230- and merchandise another 80 on average you get 310 ad the playoff income (abut 180 for 3-4) you get 390 as i see it 700>490
it is a good thought thou but the math is still in 5th place favor

Last edited by LA-Nir at 4/30/2012 7:23:12 AM

This Post:
215309.7 in reply to 215309.4
Date: 4/30/2012 7:18:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My suggestion is a minor one but to make 5th (and 8th not as good) in weeks that the team doesn't play a competitive game they don't pay salaries and they don't get any TV money or merchandising. This would be less bad than the bad old days of full costs and little income but would make 5th a lot less attractive than it is now without making it crippling. I believe it would be a much easier change than moving the day the financial update would happen.

I agree that this change will be the simpler one to develop and to maintain but I think GM-Nirman's solution will solve the problem better. I do agree that moving the economic update day will be a major change in terms of development, maybe even risky - That's a big factor as well, and that's for the BB to decide.

Both solutions are better then today's paradox...

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
215309.10 in reply to 215309.9
Date: 4/30/2012 7:51:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this is not a Pini thread i will not let you take my suggestion and preach you'r agenda without really say anything beneficial to the suggestion itself as for that any thing that you will post here will need to be relevant to the suggestion only or will be deleted

Message deleted