BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Staying Solvent

Staying Solvent

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/28/2008 2:16:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's been 4 1/2 calendar years since I joined HT so it could have changed since then, but I remember it being fairly hard to keep from going bankrupt for the first couple of seasons and I ended up having to sell players to avoid going into debt.

However in my first week here, I've actually turned a $6k profit and I haven't even had a TV game yet. Is there a wave of financial difficulties that is coming in the offseason that I'm not aware of or is it generally easy to maintain a solid financial base as long as you don't do anything stupid like spending $200k in players right off the bat or over-expanding your arena.

BTW, how long IS the offseason and what structure does it take? I know there's the playoffs, but what about scrimages? Does the cup tourney start early like it does in HT and BT?

This Post:
21549.2 in reply to 21549.1
Date: 3/28/2008 2:20:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
new players get $50k for the first couple of weeks so it looks like they are making a profit when really they aren't. it does get harder to stay in the green when your players develop and their salaries increase.

the offseason, including the playoffs is 3 weeks i think. scrimmages can be scheduled once a week. and i believe the tourney starts at the beginning of the season.

This Post:
21549.3 in reply to 21549.2
Date: 3/28/2008 2:25:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm glad I asked, though I was planning on being conservative with my cash reserves anyway.

This Post:
21549.4 in reply to 21549.3
Date: 3/28/2008 4:56:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
... though I was planning on being conservative with my cash reserves anyway.

This is a GOOD plan for all newbs in the infancy of their team.

This Post:
21549.5 in reply to 21549.1
Date: 3/30/2008 1:38:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In D.IV you really need to watch your expenses. For example, you simply can't afford a "10" for every staff position. You might want to pare your roster down a bit. You can't really use 16 players a week. In your position, I'd either do just $5k or even $0k in scouting for the draft. You'll still do OK.

As mentioned, the $50K per week for the first few weeks can make you think you are doing better than you really are. Also the TV game will make you think you are rich. When I was in IV, I would lose a little bit each week and then make it up on the TV game.

The off-season is two weeks, but the regular season ends on a Saturday which is the first day of the training week. There are Thursday scrimmage openings. Playoff games are on Tuesday and Saturday, but if you are not in the playoffs, then you will have an open date. However, BB will automatically schedule one scrimmage each week for teams not in the playoffs. I think it is on Saturday.

The first Tuesday after the end of the season is open for everyone, and there is then a scrimmage date on Thursday, with a league opener on Saturday. The Cup opens on the next Thursday after the first two league games.

Overall, I think you could have 3 weeks with two games, and pretty light revenues.

This Post:
21549.6 in reply to 21549.1
Date: 3/30/2008 3:40:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the season has 14 week,11 regular season and 3 of play-off.the cup start after u player 2 matches in the new season.And it's true that at fist it is that bonus so be careful after it's gone because is gets very hard and bankruptcy knocks at your door.i can tell u for sure that in 3rd division u get an extra 210k for tv matches in 2nd 275k and 1st 400k.never been in other division but i heart the rumor that in 4th is around 180k for tv match

Good things come to those, who have patience
This Post:
21549.7 in reply to 21549.6
Date: 3/30/2008 8:12:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
division IV gets 200k. i would know...i'm stuck there.