Suggestions > important should mean trainable

important should mean trainable

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
215813.2 in reply to 215813.1
Date: 5/7/2012 11:41:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree that OD matters HUGELY for PF and C, certainly in comparison to how it matters for the guards. I also think that the game is not meant to be easy. I think that the developers wanted to design difficult choices into the game. You can train OD on your big guys all you want, but you have to sacrifice competitiveness. Etc.

I also think you have to temper your expectations on the reality/practicality front. Computers do a decent job of simulating, but they are not that realistic. If you can accept that, it might be easier to take the game for what it is.

Personally I think the game works incredibly well. There are problems, and the most of the high end teams do seem to be stuck in a rut (except for GM Crazy Eye who is ruling) but as I have said many times before, the game is (and should be) more about the 45000 middle teams than it is about 2500 teams at the top and bottom.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
215813.4 in reply to 215813.3
Date: 5/8/2012 10:09:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if you have to tank or not, although I suspect that you don't. To stay competitive at the top might be a different story. I have been waiting for my own downfall for several seasons now. With prices on the TL dropping to affordable levels, it' s not all that tough to keep a decent squad if you train and plan properly. I have 0 aspirations in the B3 which helps. I don't (usually) spend beyond my means, train not to resell but to round out my team, etc.
LI is now the third tactic that has been charged with being too powerful. Eventually someone will make a squad that beats it. I'm not sure when that will be because it seems pretty strong right now. Mvaybe the developers will change something in the game engine, which will of course be accompanied by lots of gnashing of teeth and etc. from the peanut gallery, or maybe they will just let things work out organically. Either way, I'll probably still be playing.

This Post:
215813.6 in reply to 215813.5
Date: 5/8/2012 10:52:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
All valid points, except that you and I have the luxury of being in a small nation where not every single league game is competitive. So two things are possible.
1. You play your guy at PG in a game where it won't hurt you too much. Early in the season you have cup games. Throughout the season you have games against newly promoted teams or weaker teams. You choose those weeks to train your guys in off-position skills.

2. You play with lower GS than you would want.

If you only have five guys then this is problematic. I have a very strong (for my league) second five, so I can get by using my starters as subs for
one league game a week. I also don't have too many problems with minute management. For me, minute management is one of the biggest differences between managers. Having stamina that is too high can hurt you here.

3. You look for trainees that are oddballs from the start. The6'11" pg with 6 OD and 6 PA. He will never be a triple 16 C because he usually has horrific big skills but you can get him to a serviceable level. Or the 6'0" C with 7 ID and REB to start.

How long has cross-training been around? I have only had one CT pop and it was in ID for a PG so I was happy. Do you experience on a regular or even infrequent basis? Does anybody? I have forgotten about it because I never get any pops form it. Well, I did get the one...

This Post:
215813.8 in reply to 215813.7
Date: 5/9/2012 11:46:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's funny you say that as that is my response to you every time you focus on the LI M2M thing. In lower leagues, you can make a team that can play and win using any of the tactics. What's more, buying and selling is much easier for lower salary guys because the supply and demand are greater for those guys. Also, the margin of error in the game is much greater which makes playing a guy out of position less of a threat to competitiveness. I think the game has been designed with the majority in mind, not the highest or lowest end users. So I agree with you on your premise, but disagree that it is out of balance for them.

I have a friend who I invited to join the game- he plays MMATycoon and is very successful in that game so I thought he might like this game. He started in season 11 USA d.V. Currently he is in d.III. I expect him to promote in the next two seasons. Maybe he will chime in if he reads this.

I'm no longer an ex-pat, by the way. My kids are school age now so I came home to get them a real education.

This Post:
215813.9 in reply to 215813.8
Date: 5/9/2012 2:52:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You guys having a "write a complete book on every post" contest?

This Post:
215813.10 in reply to 215813.9
Date: 5/10/2012 2:26:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No.

This Post:
215813.11 in reply to 215813.10
Date: 5/10/2012 5:16:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool