BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > out right buy

out right buy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/17/2012 10:36:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we need a out right buy on staff and players, becuase bidding is just to hard. someone comes the last 5 minutes and steal the player from you.. People have lives beyond the computer..Im just so angry right.now..

We need a out right buy on staff and players I think it should be limted to 1 player a season you can buy out right and staff about 3. I cannot phathom sitting and bidding all day. I lost a great player i sat for all day and went to get nice beer fromthe store and my player was sold before i got back.. its not fair at all..:(..

A out right buy of the player would netted his salary and i would have him on my team right now.. THis happens all the time.Its just madding..

I know tough luck fo rme but not every single time,,I dont have days off every time i wasn staff of player... like today

This Post:
217836.2 in reply to 217836.1
Date: 5/17/2012 10:44:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally i like the bidding process. I realize its hard when a player or staff member is being sold at an inconvenient time for you but if buzzerbeater changed it to a "buy now" type of transfer list then i feel like many more people would be upset because then it's not about who is willing to pay more for the player and who wants him more, but instead who sees him first. Plus there's no way to determine how much the selling price would be for a player because it varies for every player/circumstance/and team, so if Team A would only pay 50k for a player and team B would pay 250k but the price was set for 50k and Team A saw the player first and bought him, Team B would probably be upset and cmplaining. Bidding is the best way to do things when it comes to the transfer list.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
217836.3 in reply to 217836.2
Date: 5/17/2012 11:32:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thing like ebay where you can out right buy or bid him by sellers choice.. Its a shame we cant do team to deal transfer deal.. Not even once season.. I understand what your saying but it very hard to get such player or staff . with diffrent global times.

I cannt buy a player or staff funles i stay up 24 hrs.. It just has to be a better way to do this.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 5/17/2012 11:33:03 PM

This Post:
217836.4 in reply to 217836.3
Date: 5/18/2012 12:07:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I honestly don't see a better way... Doing ebay style would just piss me off because i have a crappy computer that takes about 10-15 seconds to place my bids so then you would just have managers with faster computers making bids with 3 seconds left and then taking the player you want and would have bided more than them for. Image a player that you really want and you think you have but then with a few seconds left someone goes and outbids you and "steals" your player. Then there would be more complaining And what do you mean by a "team to deal transfer deal"? Do you mean like one team trades their Center for another teams center? Because if thats what you mean then they would not do that either because then all the cheaters out there would just make 2 or 3 teams and sell all the good players one their weaker teams for crappy players on their better team and that would give them a huge advantage.... I still don't understand why you think there is a better way then the bidding... I just don't see another way.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
217836.5 in reply to 217836.4
Date: 5/18/2012 12:14:57 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I agree with EBW, I mean, everyone always loses a great player, not every BB team is perfet in bidding, I lost a guy when I gone to get a haircut, all you have to do is suck it up, and face it like a man, and theres always more players out there, it just requires a lot of searching/patience. My team is 85-90% TL. And I did that by patience. High five EBW.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
217836.6 in reply to 217836.3
Date: 5/18/2012 12:49:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The answer is to bid what you think the guy is worth rather than the minimum.

This Post:
217836.7 in reply to 217836.6
Date: 5/18/2012 1:53:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bid 43k on a guy who goes for "10-40k" the guy outbid me and spent 70K 34-35 year old guy too...

aside from that., the bidding system rewards highschoolers/college kids who don't have jobs, wives, kids, resposnisiblities etc. to take them away from the computer.

I like the out right buy idea. I'm sure there's some formula based on their skills, salary, potential, age, etc. to determine a fair for the seller and buyer alike, "buy him now" price. Like eBay has. Obviously if no one does the buy-him now, they just keep bidding, I like the limit to 1 player a season for it as well... otherwise I could just snag 3 guys for a u21 training process if I had the money, and that's not fair.

There's still the luck element of being on, and finding the player to out-right buy.

I don't like it for staff though.... I feel like there are enough staff, that you can play the waiting game there.

This Post:
217836.8 in reply to 217836.6
Date: 5/18/2012 2:19:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
what about the cheat thing.. It says you cant bid so much money on the guy it like a illegal deal.. I was going to do that till i saw the red disclaimer..I didnt know the manager but ididnt want to be explaining that to a mod or taking the risk.. I knew they dnt want hear it.LOL

I know i a hve to suck it up, but i stayed up all night for the kid and i made room for the kid earlier in the day ..almost like getting a andrew luck but , Im out of luck. Im devistated this is 15 time this has happened..

There need to be a better way alittle more options..Bidding is good all but it shouldnt be who can get on at the last minute to buy every single time with all these time zones..

I got a10hrs bidding war for my current sg a few season ago it went from 3k-250K final cost for about 10 hrs...I hated it ,, It just builds anger. It almost like i can nver win i have 2 goodplayer im trying to build, its just hard , I need a few trainees becuase my players geting old and the exp is not there for their ages.. Im not 100% young but my draft picks are not all lthat great. Im selling them or firing.

Im just upset about losing 3 good players in one day,

This Post:
217836.11 in reply to 217836.10
Date: 5/18/2012 6:27:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As always this game is aobut being someone constantly next to a computer. If you ahve a RL and don7t live next to a computer...this game sucks.

I disagree. There is no need to sit around the comp all the time. A stable team buys about 1-2 players a season. If you are playing the market or trying to daytrade, you should be near the computer constantly. But this is not what this game is about.
You can save 3 searches (big men, sf, backcourt) and run them every 2-3 days. Usually you lack the money to buy most of them. If you find a player you really like it's not extreamly hard to make sure you can be online at that time. You will miss some of those set "events" with RL issues or ingame funds, but eventually if you are patient, you will get your desired players. If you have spent your leftover money on players or arena. There is no point to check the TL constantly. Unless you want to see which players sell at what price or mourne about the players you could have bought:)
Building a team is not a sprint, emotions will make you buy limited players, keeping a cool head on the TL is the key.

Last edited by Kukoc at 5/18/2012 2:28:06 PM