BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Outside Defence

Outside Defence

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/29/2008 22:04:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Just wanted opinions on how useful OD is vs teams that concentrate inside the paint...

Understanding that the ball is always Outside until either a shot is taken (in or out) I assume that OD training is useful regardless of tactic and the more OD your team can achieve the more difficult it would be to get the ball to the big guys in the first place?

following on from this I wanted to see how people value OD on their PF.. vs lets say JS or HD.....

This Post:
21814.2 in reply to 21814.1
Date: 03/30/2008 00:11:22
Overall Posts Rated:
well i think on a 1-3-1 defense that pf with a good od isnt a bad option... at least for the ratings.

an other thing is 1-3-1 or an good outside defense a key to win close matches? coz in the end when the opponent tries to make a lot of 3pointers i think you have an disadvantage if you focus on insidedefense?

This Post:
21814.3 in reply to 21814.1
Date: 03/30/2008 07:44:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm tempted to agree with you on the importance of OD to the team. I suspect it has an influence on the number of turnovers you generate and, since all offensive systems will feature some jump shots from guards and SFs, it has value throughout the game in limiting the higher percentage jumpers.

With regards to OD on PFs, I would say it has value there too. It won't be reflected in the match ratings but I believe a PF with some OD will defend a jump-shooting PF better than a PF without OD would do.