Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/2/2012 9:05:16 AM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Oops, I must've posted into the wrong forum section earlier.
(46265174)

Dressed 9 players, set my trainee as the starter, bench and reserve PG, the other 8 players as either the starter or bench+reserve in the other 4 positions, told the coach to strictly follow the depth chart... yet my trainee gets subbed out with 22 seconds to go.

EEEEEEEEEEEH?

This Post:
219327.2 in reply to 219327.1
Date: 6/2/2012 9:22:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oops, I must've posted into the wrong forum section earlier.
(46265174)

Dressed 9 players, set my trainee as the starter, bench and reserve PG, the other 8 players as either the starter or bench+reserve in the other 4 positions, told the coach to strictly follow the depth chart... yet my trainee gets subbed out with 22 seconds to go.

EEEEEEEEEEEH?

Yeah, it kind of sucks, but it does happen. I have a guy that my coach apparently wants to pull out at 46 minutes regardless. I think one game when I'm out of the Cup I might try dressing only five to see if he will still bring in a lucky fan.

This Post:
219327.5 in reply to 219327.1
Date: 6/3/2012 8:59:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the really sad part is that 'strictly follow depth chart' is the only substitution instruction which comes even remotely close to working as intended.

it has been like this ever since I first joined the game (still with no mention of the bug in the manual, so new users have no chance of knowing about it), and whenever anyone flags the bug, it is at best met with an 'it's complicated to fix' brush-off by the BBs, or a 'deal with it' comment from one of the fan boys who tend to like pretending to be BBs on the forum.

it's plain annoying in its own right, but it is outright inexcusable not to have fixed this yet when seen in the context of how both training and Game Shape management requires an extreme level of micro-management.

since GS and training are very much core game mechanics, it boggles the mind that the only real tool we have at our disposal has been allowed to exist in this bugged a state for this long.

so please BBs. Fix it, and do it now.

if you can't, please stop stalling for time with further excuses and own up to the fact that you are incapable of getting the feature to work, be more lenient when it comes to the training drop-off below 48 minutes, and give us a bit more leeway on GS too.

i.e. if you really want micro-management bordering on the anal-retentive to govern key parts of your game, at least give us/fix the tools needed to do so.

Last edited by Darth_Hansen at 6/3/2012 9:01:16 AM

This Post:
219327.6 in reply to 219327.5
Date: 6/4/2012 6:54:14 AM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
You're forgetting one key bit of information here: this game was not specifically designed to allow playing a trainee 48 minutes. While it's possible and doable most of the time, we do not consider this to be a bug when it doesn't happen.

This Post:
219327.7 in reply to 219327.6
Date: 6/4/2012 7:14:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- so 'strictly' actually means 'almost - but not quite - strictly'?

setting that aside, would you concur that all the other sub instructions are indeed bugged, and that it is an unfortunate area for bugs considering the importance of (micro) managing game minutes for some core aspects of the game?

- and if yes, is it something you actually expect to fix in the foreseeable future, or are you just going to continue with responses of a nature similar to the one you just gave?

This Post:
219327.8 in reply to 219327.7
Date: 6/4/2012 8:37:47 AM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Strictly follow depth chart means exactly that, but in-game events can affect the settings (fouls, injuries, blow-outs).

Regarding other bugs, I have no intention of arguing with you and jumping from one bug to another. We have a list of known bugs as a sticky in this forum, so I'm not going to repeat that.

As for GE bugs in general, I've already said that we will soon be able to work on them. Since it is a very complex part of the game that needs lots of dev time, some very specific resources and extensive testing, I really can't say when exactly that will happen, but I believe it is in the foreseeable future.

This Post:
219327.9 in reply to 219327.8
Date: 6/4/2012 12:04:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
sounds encouraging. thanks.