BuzzerBeater Forums

Non-BB Global (English) > Are the Atlanta Hawks crazy?

Are the Atlanta Hawks crazy?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/3/2012 4:15:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Brooklyn Nets have come to terms with the Atlanta Hawks on a multiplayer trade that will land them All-Star guard Joe Johnson in exchange for several players with expiring contracts.

The deal calls for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow, Jordan Williams, and DeShawn Stevenson and a future first-round pick to Atlanta in exchange for Johnson. This trade allows the Nets to meet two of their key objectives, as they managed to keep promising guard MarShon Brooks out of the trade.

It looks like The Nets have seemed to pick up an all-star SG in Joe Johnson to help make Deron Williams want to stay and the Nets kept their best rookie and basically sent Atlanta 2 trash players, 2 below average players and a future first round pick... r they crazy? :O What do you think about this?

Also the Hawks have sent forward Marvin Williams to Utah for guard Devin Harris. This trade is a little better in my opinion but still benefits Utah more than Atlanta. Opinions?

Poll:  Do you like these trades for Atlanta?

Yes! They were both good deals
I like the Johnson Trade but not the Williams deal
I like the Williams deal but not the Johnson trade
They were both dumb trades. Atlanta is crazy!

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
221232.2 in reply to 221232.1
Date: 7/3/2012 4:27:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The way I see it, they are probably trying to do the same thing that the Bobcats did this season. Don't be surprised to see them near the bottom of the Eastern Conference by as early as December.

Last edited by Big Dogs at 7/3/2012 4:27:38 PM

This Post:
221232.3 in reply to 221232.1
Date: 7/3/2012 4:36:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but Joe Johnson's deal was a great mover for Atlanta. Have you seen the amount of money he get's payd for the coming seasons? Helloooo the next R.Lewis. JJ is the poor mans Ray Allen,... who get's way overpayd. The Nets have killed their chances with this move. Deron will prolly take Mavs offer now as they can't land him and Dwight with max contracts any more (G.Wallace got max aswell lol). Atlanta realized their mistake and got rid of JJ, great deal.

This Post:
221232.4 in reply to 221232.2
Date: 7/3/2012 4:56:37 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Man, heard Rockets are going for all those "minor players" again. Hate em. I bet I'd do a better job. Man, what they need to do is free up alll the cap space and go for someone good. Look at Houston's roster. Lowrywon't compete like he was cause he hates Mchale. K-Martin won't compete well cause of injury woes. That only leaves us with our "good" not great bigs. And Dragic if we keep him. Heard they going for a guy I only hear cause he's from my favorite team-the Bulls. Still don't even know him! something Asik. This is some crap. If Rockets were smart, they free up cap space, tank like the Bobcats and get a top pick, some1 that can carry them to the playoffs. Then use the cap space to do what the Nets are doin, then BAM! They're a playoff team. So simple yet so hard for them to understand that they'll never get a great player unlesss they free up space and tnk. uh uh uh. so sad for my hoe-town team, well, there's always the Texans n the Dynamo..........

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
221232.5 in reply to 221232.4
Date: 7/3/2012 5:03:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Idk if it is that simple, to free the cap space in a manner that would make us not just a playoff team, but contenders. Oh, and the guy from the Bulls you are talking about is Omer Asik, he is a center from Turkey, I think. Lowry hates McHale? This is news to me. Dragic is being sought after by the Suns (his former team) and the Lakers, I believe. You got a point with the bigs; Scola is our best one, but after him we have Dalembert/Camby (do we still have Morris?), not good at all. Asik isn't going to be the next Yao, but I think he can still step in and provide sufficient defense and rebounding so our defense in the 4th quarter won't look like it is allowing layup drills.

This Post:
221232.6 in reply to 221232.5
Date: 7/3/2012 5:13:27 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Dalembert gone to Milwaukee in a trade for the 12th pick, that's why you see Jeremy Lamb in a Rockets' hat. Milwaukee got the 14th. Jack Stevens is still mad that his Bucks didn't get Lamb. Lowry doesn't like Mchale's coaching I think. I think Morris is still here. And then there's this euro guy, Donatus something. Montejuis? There's the old shorte guy, Bonkins.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
221232.7 in reply to 221232.5
Date: 7/3/2012 5:15:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah Lowry hates McHale ands wants to move teams. Also Houston traded Dalembert for a pick in the draft so they don't have him anymore.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
221232.8 in reply to 221232.6
Date: 7/3/2012 5:15:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We need to get rid of Morris', Bonkins' and Donatus' crappy contracts fast. Good thing we still have 3 months of offseason left.

This Post:
221232.9 in reply to 221232.8
Date: 7/3/2012 5:26:04 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
hhhmmm, Mirris' brother is doing better than him! I think the Rockets said "They want to get Morris up slowly" same with Donatus. Bonkins was just an effort to get to the PO. I think they should pput Lamb & T. Jones in the D-League for 1 season. Then get em up to the NBA fast. Trade White somewhere else, don't like him at all. They should've gotten Zeller.

This Post:
221232.10 in reply to 221232.9
Date: 7/3/2012 6:15:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda never got anyone a championship, so we have to make the best with what we got.

This Post:
221232.11 in reply to 221232.1
Date: 7/3/2012 6:26:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It looks like The Nets have seemed to pick up an all-star SG in Joe Johnson to help make Deron Williams want to stay and the Nets kept their best rookie and basically sent Atlanta 2 trash players, 2 below average players and a future first round pick...

Johnson earn 90 Mio in the next four year, i believe the biggest contract in the NBA. This dude must be awesome, oh wait he is not even close to the best of his position.

For me that would be a no go for williams to stay, only when he goes only for the title and sign and minimum contract. Cause if he stay, they both nearly fill up the cap space giving up the pick also reduce the chanche to get cheap and good backups.