BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > The New NT Player Ads Rule

The New NT Player Ads Rule

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/5/2012 6:34:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I noticed GM-Foto published some new rules for NT transfers in the Bolivian forums. I think it is good that clear rules have been published but think the rules are a little draconian.

Here they are in Spanish.

Reglas de los anuncios de ventas de jugadores

- Sólo están permitidos en los foros nacionales, en los hilos que se abran expresamente para ello. Esos hilos sólo pueden ser abiertos por miembros del staff. Si algún país necesita un hilo nuevo, tiene que contactar con un miembro del staff para que lo abra.
- Sólo se permite un anuncio por semana. En él se pueden incluir todos los jugadores que estén en venta.
- Los usuarios bolivianos pueden anunciar cualquier jugador que tengan en venta. Los usuarios de otros países sólo pueden anunciar jugadores bolivianos.
- Los jugadores tienen que pertenecer al equipo que publica el anuncio y estar en venta en ese momento.
- No se permiten valoraciones ni discusiones sobre los jugadores.

Reglas especiales para selecciones nacionales

- Los seleccionadores nacionales (y sólo ellos) pueden anunciar jugadores en venta en los hilos oficiales de cada selección. Pueden ser tanto internacionales actuales como jugadores con posibilidades de alcanzar la selección.
- También pueden avisar sobre jugadores relacionados con la seleccion que van a salir próximamente a la venta o preguntar por usuarios interesados en comprar uno de estos jugadores.
- Si un jugador no está en venta, cualquier usuario puede publicarlo preguntando por sus opciones de llegar a la selección o para pedir consejo sobre como entrenarlo, pero no para pedir ofertas ni hacerle publicidad de cara a una posible venta.

And English with goodle translate.

Rules of the players ad sales -

Only allowed in national forums in the threads that are opened specifically for this. These threads can only be opened by staff members. If any country needs a new thread, you must contact a staff member to open the file. - Only one ad per week. It may include all players that are for sale. - Users can post any player Bolivians who have for sale. Users of other countries can only announce Bolivian players. - Players have to be the team that published the advertisement and be for sale at that time. - There may be reviews or discussions on the players.

Special Rules for national teams -

The national coaches (and only them) can announce players sold in the official thread for each selection. They can be either current international players with opportunities to achieve the selection. - They can also advise on players associated with the selection that will come out soon for sale or ask for users interested in purchasing one of these players. - If a player is not for sale, anyone can post asking about their options to get to the selection or for advice on how to train, but not to ask for bids or to advertise in the face of a possible sale.

Last edited by yodabig at 7/5/2012 6:35:46 PM

Poll:  Do you like the rules as it is?

Perfect as it is.
Needs some minor changes.
Scrap it.

This Post:
221371.2 in reply to 221371.1
Date: 7/5/2012 6:36:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You realize that those rules are more lenient than the ones before, don´t you?

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
221371.3 in reply to 221371.2
Date: 7/5/2012 6:39:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's fine. I don't want it spammed by ads from the same people, so I think the limit on the # of ads is a must, at least.

This Post:
221371.4 in reply to 221371.1
Date: 7/5/2012 6:45:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My opinion is that it is good that there are some rules rather than just being an out of control mess. However having coached two small nations (India U21 and Bolivia U21) I can tell you the needs of those nations are very different from the needs of nations like China, Spain or USA.

For small nations constantly saving players that would be lost to free agency and then finding them decent managers to train them is essential. Spain will always be full every draft of 18 year old $5,000 + and superstar potential + players that will be snapped up by good trainers and trained well.

For smaller nations players like that can be less than a handful a season. Each one needs to be looked after. This requires advertising. For small nations especially they need to get the name of lesser players out there. For a small nation a $4,000 all star can go on to become a vital part of their U21 team and only with luck or effort are they likely to find a good home and I don't want to just rely on luck. In fact 9/12 players on the Indian U21 team this seaon were ones I saved into free agency from botting teams. Advertising works. Just ask Coca Cola or McDonalds.

This Post:
221371.5 in reply to 221371.1
Date: 7/5/2012 7:07:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So here are the rules summarised by me.

1) Ads only allowed in national forums.
Good rule.

2)Only allowed in a specific thread.
Good rule.

3) The thread can only be opened by a NT manager.
Good rule.

4) One ad per week.
Horrible rule. If someone jumps on and advertises a $3k role player for sale then for the next seven days no more ads are allowed and we can't promote that once in season $7k HoF guy. As long as they are all in the one thread what is the problem? Anyone that isn't interested can just ignore the entire thread. What is the difference between ignoring a thread with 14 posts for a season or one with 140 posts?

5) Anyone can post in the thread.
Good rule.

6) Users of other countries can only announce local players.
Debatable. In Australia we have an "overseas adoption" thread and I know a lot of successful NT managers in the past advertised players in their home country, some of them being very high profile players. I understand we don't want hundreds of threads everywhere advertising players so there has to be some sort of limit. Perhaps each nation should also have in its national forums just one thread for "overseas adoption". This one I agree is tricky.

7) Other posts may be made discussing the players.
Good rule.

8) The national coaches (and only them) can announce players sold in the official thread for each selection. I would like a better translation of this but I fear it means only National Coaches can announce players for sale.
Bad rule.
That is poor as many nations have scouts that take care of these duties or just helpful friends that point out players from time to time. Being a NT coach is a big job spreading the workload out both helps the coach and allows others to have some fun contributing to the team. Even in Australia from time to time an amazing 18 year old on a team soon to go bot is identified by a random community member. Why stop this?

9) NT coaches can advise about players coming up for sale.
Good rule.

10) Anyone can ask for help in training a player but not try to solicit bids.
Good rule.

So I think these rules are really good overall but I would ask for a little tweaking. My opinion is within the one thread who cares how many posts there are and who does them? What is annoying is dozens of random threads, these rules will fix that which is great.

I would love to hear people's opinions about advertising foreign NT players/prospects in your home forums as we frequently do in Australia. In our "overseas odoption" thread this season I think we have had ads for players from South Aftica, Wales, Scotland, Bolivia and Barbados. I may have forgotten one. What to do think?

Last edited by yodabig at 7/5/2012 7:11:52 PM

This Post:
221371.7 in reply to 221371.5
Date: 7/6/2012 3:18:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
4) One ad per week.
Horrible rule. If someone jumps on and advertises a $3k role player for sale then for the next seven days no more ads are allowed and we can't promote that once in season $7k HoF guy. As long as they are all in the one thread what is the problem? Anyone that isn't interested can just ignore the entire thread. What is the difference between ignoring a thread with 14 posts for a season or one with 140 posts?

That's one message per user. Your $7k HoF ad is not blocked by a $3k role player ad by someone else. The limit is there so that the $3k role player guy cannot flood the thread by posting his worthless player every hour.

This Post:
221371.8 in reply to 221371.7
Date: 7/6/2012 3:21:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Excellent. That was the biggest issue I had with this change/clarification. Running a small nation U21 is a challenge, all extra barriers are unwelcome. Thanks.

This Post:
221371.9 in reply to 221371.8
Date: 7/6/2012 3:26:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
By the way, no need to try to make sense of the Google translation. There is a forum rule post on Global (English): (1592.3).

This Post:
221371.11 in reply to 221371.10
Date: 7/6/2012 6:29:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There wasn't but they are now appearing all over the place. Yes it seems that this new rule(s) wont be as bad as I feared.