BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Increase More Stars and All-Stars, decrease those benchwarmers and 6th Men

Increase More Stars and All-Stars, decrease those benchwarmers and 6th Men

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/13/2012 6:30:53 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Well, this is just sick. Sorry if this has been suggested, but I don't feel like spending 30 minutes finding a thread. anyways so right now I'm scouting and see all these worthless 1 ball/2 ball potential players >:( I only scouted one guy who was good. and he's not even that good neither. C+ Low allstar potential guy, maybe a star but who knows, depending on his skills is whether I'll keep him or not. anyways I just scraped the draft and picked my fav #'s of the people I didn't scout and hope for the best with the 48th Pick. If he's my last preference that'll be sad cause he's foul/turnover prone so what I'm saying is, increase the number of stars and all stars and decrease those stupid bench warmers that are worthless junk!

So right now in BB right now it's like this:

60% of those stupid bench guys that you only keep cause of the cool name. (starter and lower)
15% are those still worth something those stars and all stars. Those Jeremy Lins (star) and Ron Artest (all star) they're still good for something if they're trainedd right.
15% are those cool p. all stars-superstars. those dwight howards and CP3's and Wade's and the Dirks of the sport they're good enough at all levels. they can do a lot. and in smaller countries they're in NT's and U21's. they're great!
8% are those awesome MVP-Hall of Famers. Olajuwon, Durant, I. Thomas, Pippen, etc. etc. those great people that helped shape up the game to what it is now. I say they're good and keep the percentile the way it is.
2% are the ATG's rare. The Kobes, the Lebrons, the Micheal Jordan and Wilt 1ooer. the legends, keep the ATG's the way it is, although some may complain that there are too many ATG's and not enough p.allstars. But idk, anyways here' What I would want:

a 25% decrease in those bench warmer turds and then increase the stars and all stars by that 25%. leave everything else the way it is. So now you have this:
35% of those people from the streets
40% of now these better stars and all stars with better potential
15% of the guys that are p. allstars and superstars
8% of these HoF and MVP's
2% of the rare ATG

Ok now I know this: I've been checking out new teams in my league and others. Now sometimes I see those lucky guys that end up with like, 3 possible trainees of great potential. then you see another guys with total junk. now here's what I want, more equality.

I want everyone new team that get's activated to have at least A good trainee to start off with (allstar plus) then no new team have more than 3 of those lucky superstar+ guys. and of course of 18 or 19years of age (and have their salary of 4k+) .this is what I think would make the newbies more interested, that they got at least a good guy to start off with, and can train them to see how it goes ;) anyone like it?

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
223518.2 in reply to 223518.1
Date: 8/13/2012 8:22:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i totally agree +1

just waiting for u know who 2 butt in & say this is crying again

This Post:
223518.3 in reply to 223518.1
Date: 8/13/2012 8:35:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In all my seasons in BB(season 15+) I was always able to get at least 1 P.Allstar+ even with bad scouting so it's probably more than 15%. It would be bettter to get less bums though.

This Post:
223518.4 in reply to 223518.3
Date: 8/13/2012 8:44:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
u have been in d5 since s15?

in most d5s all u face r bots & afkers so even with a late pick u have a chance 2 get the best guy in the draft

but it could be more than 15% as long as ur counting 19yo 7'2 PGs with all atrocious inside skills & $2k salary

This Post:
223518.5 in reply to 223518.4
Date: 8/13/2012 8:48:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a previous team. In that league thee were about 3 teams that finished with worst record and scouted. In one season one of them drafted the best player of the draft.

This Post:
223518.6 in reply to 223518.1
Date: 8/13/2012 9:21:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Disagree.

The draft should not be easy for users to picking great picks.
Buy enough scouting points.
Use them wisely.
And your chances are better.

Exactly like in the real-world.
You need to invest, you need to to quality scouting, you need to have luck with the lottery, and you may still be wrong about your pick (Thabeet, etc. ...).

This suggestion is not for making the game better of more competitive but just a request to make the work easier.
Easier games means that the competition between users is more purely upon luck.
Luck (or "how long have you played the game") is not what a game should be all about.
Hence, I disagree.

This Post:
223518.7 in reply to 223518.6
Date: 8/13/2012 9:49:27 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
invested 2 points a week after the all star break, and I get this crap:

2 ball PG

3 Ball C (best of all time yay!)

1 ball PF

1 ball PG

2 ball SG

1 ball SF

1 ball SF

and these were all the points I used I invested again hopeing for that great interview and get the 2 ball PF, which is JUNK!

You gotta be kidding me, I have the worst draft luck I'm cursed like Jordan. So I like the suggestion.....thats why I put it out, sick and tired already 2 drafts in my career and nothing better than a 1900 all star eh? so yeah I may suck like Jordan at scouting thus now I'm going to do a true scout job, on the TL, I am the best guy at the TL when it comes to steals, I guess I had a skill in the TL since day 1 :p. that whats keep me from being super pissed at the draft, otherwise I would've quit the game without the TL how it is...........

so either it's

A. I suck like Jordan at scouting

or B. I just keep on having bad years, like a "don't take it so hard man, we'll have our chance"

or

C. I end up having season after season after season of horrible draft then after like 20+ seasons of no one P. Allstar or higher in the draft I finally draft a ATG, how funny would that be lol..............

man I just hate the draft man, hate it, and I bet other guys are too, I just want to decrease those stupid bench guys, what if you spent like a whole lot of cash on points and still got nothing? Well next season I'm doing 3 pts a week from the gate and if I end up with a scrub I'm scrapping the draft for the rest of my BB career............

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
223518.8 in reply to 223518.7
Date: 8/13/2012 9:56:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1) I am not sure what exactly was your draft strategy, or how many points you are using each season. Try and explain it clearly.

2) I believe that you do have a bad strategy (without exactly knowing it).

3) You can look at what I got from draft picks, along my seasons at BB, and see that it is not all about luck.

4) And still, there are enough good players in the draft, surely at the level of division V.
In division V you can create great players for division V, IV and even III, out of players that are "just" with star potential and so on.

Summarizing - When you pick for five seasons with no success, it is much more likely that you are doing something wrong and not that something is broken.

This Post:
223518.9 in reply to 223518.8
Date: 8/13/2012 10:09:37 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
had nine points when I started BB. I didn't know what I was doing back then........now on my second season, useda 0 points strategy wanting lock up as much cash as I had before the all star break. I did and then after that I did 2 points scouting. a week. so now here I am, another worthless C+ Star..............in my head I don't train players to sell, I train them for my uture cornerstones, and Thats what Coleman and Delong are........and I'm gonna add a U21 Canadian too........actually made a deal with their NT Coach........so next season I'll start a forums on "tough's Draft Strategy?" then you can actually answer the question, cause right now, I'm focusing on getting that fan bonus..........

I want to do the draft right, but if I keep on getting these stupid people whats the worth paying hundreds of thousands of dollars going for a guy that won't even hit 10k salary in his future......(6th men and downwards) andd I preferably like a 3k+ guy, not some 2k guy who doesn't know nothing...............man thats why if next season my helped draft strategy ends up in me not getting a p. allstar plus then it's easy to go to the TL and save your cash, with scouting I could actually buy a SS or MVP...........then not investing in draft. So this suggestion was for a reason, what about the newbies suggestion? I only had one guy. other teams started out with crap, while some lucky guy gets all his gifts like it's Christmas, which is totally sad.....

PS I PLAN on promoting out of D4 fast, so it's not like I could keep a star long........p. allstar is the way for me.........

This Post:
223518.10 in reply to 223518.9
Date: 8/13/2012 10:17:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So you probably had about 12 scouting points this season.
It is very few, in my opinion, to hope and getting something in return.
It is like taking a sip when you are thirsty...
If you want that this investment to worth something, you need to invest more.
Otherwise, invest none.

The only thing that I will say about my strategy here is that I am fan of the full season 2 points/week option (sum of 28 scouting points).

This Post:
223518.11 in reply to 223518.7
Date: 8/13/2012 11:15:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
invested 2 points a week after the all star break, and I get this crap:

If Michael Jordan and the Bobcats' entire scouting consisted of driving to Wake Forest to see them play Maryland one game, their draft list would probably suck too. Actually, I think that explains everything.