BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Staff payment should not be payed during off-season

Staff payment should not be payed during off-season

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/13/2012 8:35:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This was at the bug forum, but it was told not to be a bug... so it is a suggestion. Hence I reopen it here.

As the players does not get payment for off-season, same should be for the staff.

Surely each might assist at the scrimmages, but who cares? They are not doing more than the players who don't get payed...
And of course, the PR is totally useless at that time.

In case (and until) this will not be added as a feature (I don't think that I saw a change except the welcomed elastic change), I suggest users to just fire all of their staff (maybe neglecting the trainers) for this week.

Of course that this is only true in case, it is worth doing so under the "staff-worth" calculation (when is it worth to fire and hire a staff member).

Last edited by Pini פיני at 8/13/2012 8:36:30 AM

This Post:
223524.2 in reply to 223524.1
Date: 8/13/2012 8:45:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can still train during this time, thus trainers are working.
You can still get injuries during this time, thus doctors are working.

PR managers are really the only ones who should not get paid if any.

This Post:
223524.3 in reply to 223524.2
Date: 8/13/2012 8:55:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I already wrote that the trainers do perform action, and the doctors and the PRs do some work as well.
But doesn't the players are also doing "some" "good" for the team? ? ? With no payment...

As you wrote - the PRs should not get money. Period.

I'm not sure about injuries that carries into next season, but I think that they do not, so there is no reason for the payment for them as well.
In any case, it is not reasonable that they will get payment while the players do not.

Summarizing - In the name of the players' organization I am calling on a players strike, until they will get the same terms. :+) :+)

Last edited by Pini פיני at 8/13/2012 9:10:20 AM

This Post:
223524.4 in reply to 223524.3
Date: 8/13/2012 11:09:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In many professional leagues (at least in the USA), players are not even paid for the playoffs, though they may receive bonuses if the team wins a playoff game/series. Of course, for game balance, that would suck.

I think trainers should be paid as you're still training in the offseason. Doctors are technically working also, though they're pointless as any injury received will be healed during the change of season. PR managers maybe help bring in more revenue during the off week, but that's pretty irrelevant. I could definitely see letting doctors and PRs be unpaid during the postseason.

This Post:
223524.5 in reply to 223524.4
Date: 8/13/2012 1:25:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
... I could definitely see letting doctors and PRs be unpaid during the postseason.

In that case people should just fire their doctor and PR-manager, and abstract the ~2K salary of the replacement trainer as the costs of maintaining the office space for them.

Voila! Problem solved.

This Post:
223524.6 in reply to 223524.4
Date: 8/13/2012 1:43:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Basically players are paid per season, and not per week.
Trainers probably the same, other staff members... I don't know.

There is just no reason for the players to play for free and for the staff to expect full salary. No matter what the reasoning was.

A players strike is on its way...

This Post:
223524.8 in reply to 223524.7
Date: 8/13/2012 3:46:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like pointed out earlier Trainers do still hold training and thus receives payment.
Doctors do keep your players in shape even if your just playing scrimmages. I would hate missing out two weeks of training under the playoffs if im not in it or the relegation game just because my doctor didnt get payed. He still works even if there is no competitive game.
The PR's role as there are no games seems pretty unclear though. But i suppose he does something at least. I guess if one were to fire him the numbers from the fan survey probably could drop some and you'd get lower merch.
All in all i think they should all still be payed for as i see everyone of them actually doing some kind of job.

And once (countless time) again, the players PLAY at the same time, and they DO NOT get a pay-check.

VIVA LA REVULOTION !
Beware of the players strike !

There is just not a single justification that players will not get paid while the staff that exists FOR THEM will get paid.

This Post:
223524.9 in reply to 223524.8
Date: 8/13/2012 4:23:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can imagine that players's salaries are divided over 12weeks per season with a bonus for those helpind their team making it to the playoff where the staff members have their salaries divided over 14 weeks whatever happens.
That's probaby what happens in real life.

But if you want another justification: when there's no official games, players just train, they do this for themselves as much as for the team since it would give them a bigger salaries for the next season, they're not exactly "working".
But even if there's no official games, the doctor still takes care of the players, the trainer still trains the players and the PR manager still does his PR thing in order to prepare for next season. The three of them are still "working" for the team.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
223524.10 in reply to 223524.9
Date: 8/13/2012 4:32:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's focus on one thing because it becomes a repetition of the same point over and over without relating to what I wrote.

Let's repeat what you've wrote (in a sence):
The players does not work for this season, they prepare for next season, and trying to get better salary.
The PR is preparing for next season, not for current. In case they will do a better job, they will keep their job.

Is it just me but or that it sounds the same state but different conclusion?...