Suggestions > offsite forum

offsite forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
223657.3 in reply to 223657.1
Date: 8/16/2012 1:54:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Where we can discuss, uncensored, what goes on in BB.
Also saves BBs and Mods and GMs trouble to monitor etc.... It would leave these forums ,the real ones squeeky clean. If someone had an idea or opinion that might be controversial, they could take it offsite.

This suggestion is making fun out of the rules on site.

There are rules to apply, and they need to be.
The only problem is that the one who Mods it does not being Mod by himself. [Calling a fellow Mod to Mod him, means that there is no Mod over Mods].

There is no reason for the BBs to take some of the conversation out of this site, to one that has any relation to them.
On the other hand, anyone can create a site for that.

This Post:
223657.4 in reply to 223657.1
Date: 8/16/2012 1:57:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that multiple offsites do exist. We have a very active one in France, and I think that I've heard there are others for the US, for Russia, Poland,...
And I think that most of them are open to anyone, from any country I mean.

Last edited by Phoenix at 8/16/2012 1:58:29 AM

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
223657.5 in reply to 223657.3
Date: 8/16/2012 3:07:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The only problem is that the one who Mods it does not being Mod by himself. [Calling a fellow Mod to Mod him, means that there is no Mod over Mods].

Why do you say that - My posts, as a GM got deleted as it was off topic and a fellow GM thought it had no place...

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy

This Post:
223657.7 in reply to 223657.6
Date: 8/16/2012 5:50:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know your history...
I do know that the game is fair as the rules are known and everybody are complained to the same rule.

As someone else said - external forums are alive in several countries. You are more then welcome to open another forum if you like.

This Post:
223657.9 in reply to 223657.8
Date: 8/16/2012 6:15:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually the rules are NOT fair or disclosed to the public.
I am not allowed to discuss publicly, no one is, and the rules are NOT uniform. I feel that I have been fined in cases that I DID NOT violate any written rule. I know for a FACT that I NEVER broke ANY rule in regards to management of my team or effects of my bank account and so forth. EVERY single fine I have gotten was for something I wrote in a forum. How is that fair?

On that I 100% support what Wolph wrote.
BB-representative misuse their power, and they are not really monitored.
A monitor by a fellow BB-representative that is part of the game as well is like two officers of the same cab moderating one another... Between the donuts eating...

This Post:
223657.10 in reply to 223657.8
Date: 8/16/2012 6:41:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's take it one step at a time.

You say you know for a fact that you didn't break any rule in regards to management of your team. you also say that every fine you got was related to something you wrote in the forum.

I think your mistake is that you think that the forum is not a part of this game...
Users who breaks the rules of the forum may be fined / banned from the game. Banning only from the forum is also a possible punishment, but it's case by case. (And I won't discuss any specific case)

Let me refer you to the rules:

K, so now for the tough part. The conferences are moderated by our GMs and moderators. When posting in a public conference, you are expected to remain polite and refrain from either personal attacks or political discussions. Further, you are expected to keep your posts on-topic; there are Non-BB folders available for discussion that does not relate to BuzzerBeater, for example. Any messages deemed spam are also prohibited. In most forums, there are additional forum rules posted in a sticky thread. Posts not in the language(s) of the forum will also be removed so that everybody can read all discussions. If there is no folder available for the discussion you want to have in the language you want to have, please tell one of the GMs and we can create a new folder for you.
Users who do not behave properly in forums may be banned from the conferences for some period of time, banned permanently, fined, and/or in extreme circumstances, even banned from BuzzerBeater entirely. The forums are an important part of the community, and we are committed to keeping the forums friendly and welcoming to all of our users.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Foru...)

This Post:
223657.11 in reply to 223657.8
Date: 8/16/2012 6:43:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you. No matter what you say on the forums, you should not get a fine based on your words. Forum bans are ok. If it happens again/repetedly increase the lenght of a forum ban. Economic punishment is ok, when the game rules are broken and the team in question has benefited economically from that. Even login bans are in order for breaking these rules.
Misbehaving in forums should only result in a forum ban.