BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Interim/Assistant NT Coach

Interim/Assistant NT Coach

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/22/2012 5:00:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why isn't this an option. I see no problem with it tbh. Here is my suggestion.

Once elected there is the Head Coach of the NT(im including U21 when I say this). At that point the NT manager would be given a certain amount of time(say a week) to choose someone to be the assistant coach and that person would have the assistant coach title for the whole term.

Why?

Well sometimes RL can get in the way of what a NT manager wants to do for the NT he is managing. So when he realizes he is going to be away for an extended period of time or just not have access to a solid internet connection for an extended period of time he clicks a button that gives the assistant coach head coach powers. Not full powers however, I suggest that it only gives the assistant coach the power to set a lineup. This ensures that the NT can stay competitive even if the head coach is missing in action.

To add some guidelines to try and make it as safe as possible you can restrict the choices of who becomes an assistant coach only to people who have a club team in that NTs respective country.

I dont see too much downside because even if the assistant coach were to try and sabotage the NT, the head coach has the ability to take away all the rights of the assitant coach by clicking the button again, or unchecking a box or whatever.

When the button is clicked or the box isnt checked the assistant coach would have no NT privileges besides the assistant coach title that can go on the NTs overview page.

Canadas NT manager made this suggestion in a Canadian thread a while back and I dont think anyone bothered to put in the suggestion forum as Canada was recently in a situation where our NT coach was banned after a few weeks into his second term. So our current NT coach was thrown into the situation of being the NT coach, but was woefully unprepared as his RL had taken over and he was relieved that he had not won the election in the first place, but with the fear of Canadas NT being coachless he took it anyways and although he was unsuccessful, having that assistant coach to help when he had no internet or was on a business trip would have greatly helped the NT.

Just my quick thoughts :)

This Post:
225060.2 in reply to 225060.1
Date: 8/22/2012 6:10:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
+1 great suggestion. Honestly I don't why this hasn't been implemented.

This Post:
225060.3 in reply to 225060.1
Date: 8/24/2012 3:13:49 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I also like this suggestion - and see no harm in implementing that. Would be really nice if that idea was taken into account!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
225060.4 in reply to 225060.3
Date: 8/25/2012 12:35:02 PM
Kings XI Punjab
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
+1 Great idea as India suffered from the same problem( coach was not having much internet access in his 4th term)

This Post:
225060.6 in reply to 225060.5
Date: 8/27/2012 6:10:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree. If a guy announces beforehand who his "emergency caretaker" will be, then it's fine. Otherwise you may end up having the NT controlled for a large period of time by someone who wasn't elected.

This Post:
225060.7 in reply to 225060.6
Date: 8/27/2012 8:40:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since the guy is an emergency caretaker, then he wont be used very often. I havent seen too many situations where an "emergency caretaker" was actually needed, so no I dont think the NT would be controlled by someone who wasnt elected for a long period of time.

This would actually allow for some type of "succession" plan with NT/U21 managers, choose someone who is interested in being the U21 or NT manager in the future and let them choose a lineup once or twice.

Also, I think if you vote for someone to be your countries NT/U21 manager then you have faith in their decisions, so you should have faith in the person they choose to be an assistant.

This Post:
225060.11 in reply to 225060.6
Date: 8/29/2012 3:09:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree. If a guy announces beforehand who his "emergency caretaker" will be, then it's fine. Otherwise you may end up having the NT controlled for a large period of time by someone who wasn't elected.

what is worse

the team being run by some1 not elected

or

the team being run by no1 @ all?