Bugs, bugs, bugs > strictly folllow 3rd positoin

strictly folllow 3rd positoin

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
226004.3 in reply to 226004.2
Date: 8/30/2012 10:44:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry but it's your lineup which is a nonsense. Ackerman is the first substitute as SG and C, and because you use stricktly follow depth chart, the game engine will use him as SG or C, no other position. But Ackerman is a C so I suppose he's much better as C and so the GE uses him as C for the last quarter, when all the substitutes have to play.

But Tsunami can't play as C since the GE allready chooses Ackerman, and you don't give any indication for another position. So the GE uses Tsumani at his best position: SF. That couldn't be more logical.

That part make sense, but it doesn't explain why Okamura played at center - it would have made more sense for one of the players listed there to swap over to that position and then Okamura play at his position. Of course, when there are only two substitute players and the game gets into garbage time, and the depth chart is as colorful as this one is, who knows what is going to happen?

The one thing I will say is that conventional wisdom has held that to get a guy 48 minutes, everyone else on the depth chart should either be a starter or backup, and not just a reserve only. My assumption is that it's a fairly known phenomenon that someone who is fielded as only a reserve will be played in whatever position can relieve a starter. I would imagine (though I have no way of knowing) that if Tsunami had been the backup C, he would have been played there exclusively, and then Okamura could have been brought back in to relieve other positions but wouldn't replace Tsunami at C.

This Post:
226004.5 in reply to 226004.4
Date: 8/30/2012 11:33:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, all of that makes sense. Wolph said that Okamura (starter and backup at SF) was played at C at some point during the game. (I am having issues with the viewer so I can't confirm). That's the one I don't see any reason for - if Ackerman is at SG already, I would expect that Tsunami would be preferred at C because he's listed there (third, but it is garbage time) and more importantly, Okamura being the starter and backup at SF should be enough to bring him back to the SF position. That's the part where I can see there being something out of sorts.

This Post:
226004.8 in reply to 226004.7
Date: 8/30/2012 9:45:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I keep getting my GSs screwed up because there is no reliable way to do the dang depth chart that it actually does what you friggin tell it to.

Or, to be more accurate, you keep getting your GS screwed up because you made the deliberate decision to only play a 7 man lineup.