BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Cup Games Between Different Leagues

Cup Games Between Different Leagues

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/08/2012 09:32:17
Overall Posts Rated:
So here is my suggestion. Here in Israeli basketball, the cup works pretty much the same way it works in Buzzerbeater, but with an edge. Every time a higher league team faces a lower league team, the game is automaticly held in the lower league teams home court, regardless of what the draw has set. This gives the lower league team a much better chance to surprise the upper league team. This system has led to several surprises. For the last 3 years since this system started, three 1st division teams has been knocked out by a second division team. It has led Hapoel Tel aviv, from the 2nd division, to the cup semifinals, where it has almost won again against a 1st division team. only a few last minute decisions prevented them from being in the finals. You can see where I'm going with this, I think this can be a great system in buzzerbeater as well. The cup is meant for the small teams who dream to make it big once, why not help them do it?

This Post:
226616.4 in reply to 226616.3
Date: 09/17/2012 21:54:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Theoretically speaking, they could still make the draw as they do now. Then when simulating the game, they would attribute HCA to the team from the lower division. Of course, easier said than done, I don't know how they would implement it.

This Post:
226616.5 in reply to 226616.4
Date: 09/19/2012 22:03:13
Overall Posts Rated:
I really don't see it as such a hard mission for the BB's. In every team's page there is a line showing what league they're playing at. This reference is probably encrypted by a certain code, meaning that a team can be associated to a higher or lower division when the draw takes place. All it takes from that point onward is for the engine to auto-place the team coded as the lower division team as the home team. The engine deals with much more complax Processes, I'm pretty sure this is not a very Significant change to implement.