Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/10/2012 03:38:47
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Well after years in the real life with this game I think it's good to have a discussion about the aspects/details/problem.

1) Tactics: we have a lot of options but the most used tactics are look inside and run&gun and in defense 3-2 and man. What about the other tactics? It should be quite nice to have more valid options. Maybe it's our problem that we don't understand which is the best roster to play princeton or box and one. At the end the BBB speaks clearly and that's a real pity

2) Draft: it seems there is not a deep relation with investments and draft. Some divisions have one or two great potential future players in other divisions the average is quite poor. In addiction this "random" sistem could be not so fair above all with this economy. A IVth division team that is able (verb here is correct?) to pick up a good player can easily win his league with the money coming from the sale of the draftee

3) Economy: personally I like this economy but I must admit that often the young players are paid more than a finished and completed player. I still don't understand if it is good or not for the lower divisions. More should be done against "thank" teams

4) After 21 season it's really hard to understand how shot blocking could be useful, above all if you consider that with high SB the salary of the players is growing a lot. In Italy we had a long discussion also about a playmaker of the Czech NT that played as Center and scores a lot of points against our NT. Someone posted the skills of this playmaker and he coudn't have any option to win in center role (dunno if the skills were correct)

5) Fans: this is related to the economy but it seems there are too many influence in the random also in this case; I mean, random is all the games in the season, random is the TV game and random is the game against your worst enemy. If you're lucky you may have a good amount of money for free on the other hand you've to fight for all the season with your fans and then with your biz consultant

6) Balance: this is the correct equilibrium between the divisions and between the countries in BB. Personally I think that the first division has a good revenue and for teams promoted it's not easy to compete with the old teams. In the world it's quite strange to see one team coming from Moldova win the BBB when he plays in a division where we could find some bots. BBs should think about it, in my opinion the best teams of the small BB countries can do 2/3 season at their top level spending tons of money in salary and then be quiet for other 2/3 season but I've seen more than one complaining about the difference in the economy between the countries.

I'd like to avoid to see flames here, everyone has an opinion and all the opinions must be respected, often we see 10 posts where someone says "white" and other 10 posts where someone else says "no black". I'd like to create here some ideas for the BBs cause this game is still beautiful but could have more potential. After 21 season I wouldn't say it is boring game but I hope something will be done to boost our fun here and this is not the facebook applications :p

Poll:  What would you change in BB?

Tactics
Draft
Economy
Skills
Fans
Balance

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
226711.3 in reply to 226711.1
Date: 09/10/2012 05:16:19
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
I would change the function of Tactic, for example the 2-3 zone is so bad working, it should be more stronger vs LI and LP.

This is where we hold them!

To: ned
This Post:
226711.5 in reply to 226711.1
Date: 09/10/2012 08:18:43
Overall Posts Rated:
1) I think it's our problem that we don't know which skills should be used to specific tactic. The most commonly used tactic is obviously Look inside. The reason is simple. We have to gurds with really high outside defense which stops Motion and R'n'G and another reason is training. For seasons we trained Centers exactly the same way - IS,ID,RB. There is no defence at all in paint.

2) Potential is too expensive on the market, but you can make great player with allstar potential. We exaggerate the meaning of it and as a reasult we pay more for superstars and HoF, but I would say 95% managers don't need such a high potential, because there are a lot of 30-40k players. Another reason are senior and junior NTs. They need high potential to make monsters. Yeah, even u21 has monsters. Especially centers.

4) According to NTs match, probably your Center had really low outside defence.
SB is the cheapest skill in the game, while IS is the most expensive for a C. You're wrong telling that due to high SB salary is really high. If you want to reduce cost just stop training IS :)

6) There are no solution. Maybe TV contract based on teams rankings or salary cap will change something, but it won't make huge difference. I really like idea of salary cap and luxury tax (let's say 1$ paid more for 1$ over salary). I think it will make teams more equal. If salary cap won't be too high teams will make good profit. As a result transfer prices should also go up.

This Post:
226711.6 in reply to 226711.4
Date: 09/10/2012 11:31:33
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Ofc I tried, in PL, in Cup matches, in 1 League of my country, with NT 6-8 seasons, 3-4 seasons in B3...

This zone should give you more strength in your Inside Defense and Rebounding, you should easy kill LI or LP with this zone, but in practice you can't do nothing with it. They make it almost useless..

It just give you lets say 1 skill in ID, and your OD drop 3-4 or more skills.

So in my opinion that's a big lack in the game, as you can see most of the teams they play LI tactics, and you can't beat this tactic with a zone, they should make it more realistic, so people would have to play other tactic in they offenses and it would be more interesting, more risk...

This Post:
226711.7 in reply to 226711.6
Date: 09/10/2012 12:50:45
Overall Posts Rated:

This zone should give you more strength in your Inside Defense and Rebounding, you should easy kill LI or LP with this zone, but in practice you can't do nothing with it. They make it almost useless..

Why you don't even mention about shot blocking?

This Post:
226711.8 in reply to 226711.7
Date: 09/10/2012 12:59:10
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Because I talk about the statistic you can see after the match.

This Post:
226711.9 in reply to 226711.8
Date: 09/10/2012 13:31:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Inside defense you also can't see after match, but you include it in your last post. Outside defense is also hard to judge, because there is no defense ratio such as points/possession per player, but everyone recommend it to train for guards.

Last edited by Pewu at 09/10/2012 13:31:34

This Post:
226711.10 in reply to 226711.9
Date: 09/10/2012 14:07:07
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
You know what are you talking about?

You see this ratings after the match

Outside Scoring
Inside Scoring
Outside Defence
Inside Defense
Rebounding
Offensive Flow

You see maybe ID? Really don't know what is your point, what are you trying to say..

This Post:
226711.11 in reply to 226711.10
Date: 09/10/2012 15:06:18
Overall Posts Rated:
OK, now I see your point. However shot blocking is also defence skill and affects rating after match. According to stoping LI - shot blocking may be the solution. Nobody check it yet :) So it's not appropriate to say 2-3 is not working.