BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > New staff system

New staff system

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/19/2012 3:09:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,i'm playing in this game from season 2 and i remember the old staff system...wasnt perfect but stll was better then the current one,i have been waiting a lot of time for it to change but for some reason it stayed a lot more then it should...it's not realistic(pay increase each week? come on!)it's making a bigger diffrence between big and small clubs because most of the small clubs cant afford to handle a lvl 7 paycheck...

I suggest a new system that each staff member will take a certin % from the weekly income.

I think it's a lot better then the current system,it cancel the absurd weekly pay increase and clubs in low and high divisions bot could hire the same lvl trainer,and also hire less good one's for more budget money.

This Post:
227208.2 in reply to 227208.1
Date: 9/19/2012 7:28:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Moved to suggestions forum.

This Post:
227208.3 in reply to 227208.1
Date: 9/19/2012 2:22:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that the salary of the employees are setted wrong.

This Post:
227208.4 in reply to 227208.3
Date: 9/20/2012 4:51:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But if they stayed the same, nobody would fire their trainer...you buy one and that's it. Taking care of the staff is one of the things you have to manage well and personally I don't care if staff salary stays the same or raises each month, as long as it's the same for every user.

This Post:
227208.5 in reply to 227208.4
Date: 9/20/2012 7:26:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But if they stayed the same, nobody would fire their trainer...you buy one and that's it. Taking care of the staff is one of the things you have to manage well and personally I don't care if staff salary stays the same or raises each month, as long as it's the same for every user.

Then maybe instead of weekly increases, we could have a (very) larger increase at the end of the season!

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
227208.7 in reply to 227208.6
Date: 9/20/2012 2:55:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Where´s the benefit from having a big raise at one point in the season?

Now you can purchase another coach at some point or wait a week or more, if there´s a big hit coming the market at seasons beginning would explode, while at seasons end it could be a disaster move to purchase anybody.

I haven´t seen a single suggestion which actually offers a clear cut improvement so far.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
227208.8 in reply to 227208.7
Date: 9/20/2012 4:51:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First all the managers here "suffer" wage grow at the end of the season anyway so if the players work that way so can the trainer...and you might dont see any improve in that offer(while i do see)and you didnt talked about my offer to give a certin % of income to staff members BUT anyway the current system just SUCK and so lame i just want to scream CHANGE IT!!
no matter what is should be thrown away...it is the worst thing in this game so far and i have benn playing for almost 20 sesons and any BB staff should work on improving that miserable staff system.

What i do hate is that people stoped working on that...i heard "we need to improve the staff system" before the current one was installed but it is a lot worse then it's previse and suddenly for i dont even know how much seasons we dont hear nothing on improving it! i truly hate this system(and i am surely not alone here)but some BB people think it is a good system and more then that-that people are actually happy with it...just post a survey about "are you happy with the staff system" and see how many are not! at least work or think about changing it i cant see any reason why some BB people are happy with it like thhey found the best possible while even the last system was a lot better.

This Post:
227208.9 in reply to 227208.8
Date: 9/20/2012 5:52:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First all the managers here "suffer" wage grow at the end of the season anyway so if the players work that way so can the trainer

Except, of course, the players' wages grow (or shrink) because of the changes in their skills. A trainer level 4 today is a trainer level 4 next season and a trainer level 4 until the day he dies - no skill increase possible to make him more valuable and therefore in need of more salary, and no deterioration of skill with age to provide a reason to replace the trainer. Having a big salary increase slotted the first week of each season will just mean that everyone will have to scramble to replace their staff at the same time as everyone else, leading to ridiculous bid wars or the inability for anyone without a padded bank account to have a decent training staff at any time early in the season.

The current system at least allows you to spend a little or a lot and to budget your spending - if you have a lot of money up front, you can buy a better trainer starting with a lower wage. Or you can buy a trainer with a worse starting wage and pay less up front, but then you'll feel the difference week over week. Or you can decide that you don't want to spend the money at all and just roll with a lesser trainer, or in the case of PR managers, switch between a basic PR manager with Crowd Involvement and one with National Appeal depending on where your next game is.

The idea of taking a fixed percentage of weekly income is one that's an interesting attempt to try something different, but removes pretty much all decision from the player - the option to run with lower level staff is gone, because you're still paying a premium price. Instead, it becomes a race to go ahead and save up the money to buy your level 7 trainer and level 7 doctor, knowing that once you shell out whatever it costs to acquire them, you'll have them forever at the same low percentage of your income that a level 2 staff member would cost.

This Post:
227208.10 in reply to 227208.8
Date: 9/20/2012 9:14:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Other than your personal opinion about it beeing bad I don´t see nothing wrong with it out of the points you try to make.

Managing resources to keep the staff both payable and effective is an interesting addition to the game and a challenge for all. If you don´t want that challenge, go with minimum salary staff (or actually the ones you can buy for almost free on the market) and don´t bother.

If you want the extra spark from having a 5, 6, 7 trainer, doctor or PR guy, you have to find a way to purchase him at a fair price AND pay his salary. Where´s the bad part?

In addition, skill level tells you what the staff does. Bonus feature is a nice thing to have, and you might explore one thing or another while doing one thing or another with your team. What´s the true downside?

Unless there´s something clear cut better, why change a system which is pretty solid and working?

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
227208.11 in reply to 227208.4
Date: 9/20/2012 10:08:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

But if the increase is settled monthly or by season, don't you think it would be more realistic?