Suggestions > Draft picks sales

Draft picks sales

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/03/2012 10:19:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello suggestions forum.

Today I would like to suggest a new feature to the game- The draft picks sale.

In the NBA we can see a lot of teams negotiationing and trading with their draft picks for players or money and I think it will be great if we will be able to do it in buzzerbeater aswell.

My suggestion is that at the end of every regular season, when the league positionning is final, teams will be able to put their draft picks up for sale and other teams from the same league as them will be able to bid on that pick- just like a normal player sale.

Lets say I just finished last in my league and I have the 1st, the 17th and the 33rd picks and I have no scouting points and I don't know anything about any of the players in the draft and my only chance to get a good drafty is by a miracle- instead of hoping for one I can put my 1st pick up for sell for lets say 500K, after a bidding war finally the 2nd positioned team in my league win the auction for lets say 750K, now I have only the 17th and the 33rd picks (which no one really hopes for much from them) and the 2nd positioned team in my league has the 1st, the 15th, the 31st and the 47th picks.

I think this feature is good because it will bring the draft back to the top teams, at the current situation top teams have no interest nor point to invest in scouting and pay attention to the draft at all. Thats a real shame because this is a big part in the game a lot of people can't really enjoy.

Last edited by Yotamnor at 10/04/2012 05:59:19

This Post:
227913.2 in reply to 227913.1
Date: 10/03/2012 13:09:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Has been discussed about a dozen times before (although you tweak it by limiting it to insde the same league).

I like your suggestion most from all what I have read on that topic before, still it would be x-masday for most cheaters and extremely difficult to check for possible cheating.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
227913.4 in reply to 227913.3
Date: 10/04/2012 01:26:36
Overall Posts Rated:
What possibilities for cheating? it's just like a regular players sales...
And the chance of having 2 teams controlled by the same guy or by friends in the same league is very rare, so that also reduce the chances of cheating.

This Post:
227913.5 in reply to 227913.4
Date: 10/04/2012 02:46:05
Overall Posts Rated:
"Hey League Mate, how about you lose our next Game intentionally? i´ll purchase your 2nd Round Pick for 50k then..."

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...

This Post:
227913.7 in reply to 227913.6
Date: 10/04/2012 04:48:16
Overall Posts Rated:
There will always be people who are trying to cheat, that is not an excuse to stop developing the game and to stop adding new features.

At the current situation a lot of people can't really enjoy a big part of the game (even huge in my opinion) which is the draft system simply because they are managing a successful team. They don't scout, they can't enjoy the tension and excitement of waiting to see the players they got from the draft and most importantly- they don't get a chance to train and develop a player of their own straight from the draft (which besides being a lot of fun and personaly the main reason why I got so attached to this game, can also be a big advantage with the bonus merchandise sales).

Another point to take in account in favor of my proposal is that nowadays a lot of teams which want to get a good pick in the draft choose to lose games intentionally in order to finnish in a lower position and as a result get a better pick, this feature can lead to a lot of managers choosing to manage a competitive team rather then tanking.

This Post:
227913.9 in reply to 227913.8
Date: 10/04/2012 06:43:38
Overall Posts Rated:
I completly agree- the small teams should get help from the system in order to reduce the gaps, and I believe this feature will go alongside that agenda perfectly.

First of all, there is no one forcing you to sell your pick, feel free to save it for yourself if thats what you want. If you don't feel like investing in scouting and gambling on the draft you can sell your pick for money and use it to strengthen your team.
No matter what they choose, the lower positioned teams still get an advantage in form of the first right over the best draft picks whether they want to sell it or use it by themselves.

Secondly, if you are a strong team positioned up high in the league this feature won't let you to "have the cookie and eat it at the same time"- you want a good pick? open your wallet, spend some of your cash and pay the lower positioned teams in order to buy their's.

In conclusion- I believe my proposal don't hurt the small teams but gives them more options, and can even help in reducing the gaps.

Last edited by Yotamnor at 10/04/2012 06:45:03

This Post:
227913.10 in reply to 227913.1
Date: 10/04/2012 10:04:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Edit. Okay, I noticed the suggestion is limited to same league only.

(Would the draft picks be for sale within the league only?) How would the draft picks be priced?

A simple auction is not okay, since it makes controlling cheating pretty much impossible. The whole cheating aspect also depends greatly on whether the sales would be limited to a single league.

Last edited by GM-WallyOop at 10/04/2012 10:09:14

This Post:
227913.11 in reply to 227913.10
Date: 10/04/2012 10:43:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I sincerely can't see whats the big problem with auction sales, if it's working good for players it can also work good for picks in my opinion. But anyways, adding a buyout option might eliminate a case in which picks are being sold for "too much"- the highest price for a pick will be lets say 1M, the moment someone offers 1M (or any other price chosen by the devs) the pick will be sold to him immediately.

A friend of mine also offered a system in which every pick will have it's own (chosen by the devs) price and the selling team will only get to choose wheather or not to sell the pick and not the price, and the first team which is willing to buy it and has enough money win the pick, I personally think this option is way worse than an auction and will open up much more cheating possibilities.

Last edited by Yotamnor at 10/04/2012 10:47:22