Suggestions > New skill setup for balance

New skill setup for balance

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
228485.2 in reply to 228485.1
Date: 10/17/2012 8:50:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree completely with this, but I gave you a+1 for the idea. It's a pretty good idea for a sea change in the game. If I find more than six minutes of free time one of these day I will try to write up a different yet similar vision to this. Good idea overall.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
228485.4 in reply to 228485.3
Date: 10/17/2012 10:36:42 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
what about lonely driving?

I thought driving would help OD,...........isn't that right? EDIT (right there doesn't make since just ignore it.)

also have another suggestion to make THE SUGGESTION better, if ou play charazy you mayknow this, but there is another "primary" skill for bigmen, I have heard of it and it is called footwork..........so what I am suggesting is basically could we add footwork to the table? Or wouldn't it be too difficult? Or could footwork be like specialized for mid-range shots to inside.

Now I now this may be rejected but hey, just suggesting and I think that would make DR sound pointless.............unless with the new system your suggesting that DR would be included for IS?

or we could add another skill that is used in basketball........um any suggestions?

to me DR is still a skill that is a force to be reckon with........how do PG's get most of their points (like in NBA) they drive in the paint for the basket. and if we were to have an NBA player in BB........driving would be a key skill for them.

and Driving/handling is separate.........why don't we just have 11? yes, stealing needs to be added though it'll be the same argument as it is with SB...........is it really worth it to have SB/SL? (that's what other managers would say)

to me just merging driving/handling would mean you'd have to fix the skill department nomenclature.......which would mean expanding the amount of skills from 20 to...........25?

Last edited by tough at 10/17/2012 10:41:06 PM

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
228485.6 in reply to 228485.5
Date: 10/18/2012 9:29:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To me.... Footwork has more to do with, rebounding, boxing out, getting into position defensively than driving, but yeah I'd say driving requires footwork... but not as much as driving requires the ability to dribble.

And possibly Inside shooting.

This Post:
228485.8 in reply to 228485.1
Date: 10/22/2012 10:33:07 AM
Kings XI Punjab
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
IMO dr and ha are two different things we cann't merge then. dr, js and Is work as combo for slow pace offence.
Fact is true that imbalance in things is due to imbalance in number skills.
Just think after changing a large part of game engine (almost everything), it may lead to the same problem in future as we didn't know its drawbacks and everything had to be changed again, while there can be another simple way out like inside skills are salary boosting so decrease the salary boost per pop for inside and for tactical imbalance imbalance decrease the efficiency of LI or increase that of other.
I know I am going to be attacked soon by many supporters but changing everything without knowing its drawbacks is not really a good idea even when the solution can be done by having a little change.

This Post:
228485.10 in reply to 228485.9
Date: 10/25/2012 9:27:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually agree with the idea if we can truly address the balance issue, the smaller the change needed the better. The question I suppose is what kind of change will work, hence how big does the change need to be.

An idea I've sort of kicked around but I'm not sure if it would be sufficient is to change shotblocking into the skill that determines how effectively any shot is contested, and use OD/ID more for the non-shooting aspects of defense. I don't think it would do enough to address the imbalance in OD vs. outside offense, but it would at least require some additional investment in SB to avoid being victimized by jumpers and threes.

I think your original post would be a great transition to a non-MMO type of game in the vein of Football Manager, which has approximately 3.5 buttloads of player attributes and for the most part they all actually matter. If there was any indication that there was the staff and inclination to do a BB 2.0, having a few additional skills and maybe increasing training speed while making sure ultra-imbalanced builds are punished could work too.