Suggestions > Team chemistry

Team chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
229864.3 in reply to 229864.2
Date: 11/15/2012 5:20:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes I have often thought this, team chemistry is a big thing. I don't know he best way to record it, but links with gaurds and bigs is a real chemistry and players that have been together longer have that awareness.

Thumbs up for the suggestion but unsure of how to implement

This Post:
229864.4 in reply to 229864.1
Date: 11/15/2012 4:49:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also agree this is a good point, team chemistry and familiarity of the players with one another is very important.

However, we should think about how this can be implemented. Are you suggesting that besides enthusiasm we also have a "chemistry" number, contributing to how well the players perform? It's one way of putting it, but it would work similarly to enthusiasm, so it may be a bit redundant.

We can also think about putting this inside the enthusiasm part (maybe renaming it as well?). For instance, every time a team buys or sells a player the enthusiasm would go down. How much it decreases should be proportional to how important the player who arrived/left will be/was, this can be roughly measured by their salaries. For example, if you buy/sell a player with a salary that is roughly your average salary (total salary divided by # of players) your enthusiasm would decrease by 0.5, if you buy/sell a player with the highest salary on your team, a decrease of 1, and a decrease close to 0 if you buy/sell scrubs that don't really play much of a role (e.g. scrimmage scrubs). This is just a suggestion, maybe different effects on enthusiasm make more sense, or even a different way of putting this concept into the game.

This Post:
229864.5 in reply to 229864.4
Date: 11/15/2012 8:17:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Enthusiasm could be increased with buying a player, I know from my footballing that when my team bought in new players it was a big lift to see new talent arriving at the club. On the counter it was sometimes a sad day to see some familiar faces leave

This Post:
229864.7 in reply to 229864.1
Date: 11/26/2012 9:20:52 AM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I started the game two months ago( mid 21 season). Never had previous experience in this or similar basketball management games.

The first thing that struck me was the abscence of a "team chemistry" variable, aw well as the non existence of a, lets say, "tactic's familiarization" . Two aspects of the game, that in real life, are probably the most important ones for a team, regardless its finances and roster ability.

Based on that, as soon as i started playing, without (obviously)having read much in the forums, i built my entire roster with 19-21 year old players( except a local 24y granpa), potentials from 5-10. I selected a tactic that an offensive tactic that i would use, at least 90% of the games, with a secondary as a back up. The same with defensive tactics.
Thought that in 2-3 seasons time, the youthful roster playing together(with no more additions) all the time, in addition to playing a specific tactic all the time would give me an edge for promotion, with a team that would easily stand in ΙV and not be in danger of delegation.
I was soooo wrong! Now i have to adjust my plan.

Coming back to the thread's point, i believe that both "team chamistry" and "tactic's familiarization" could be installed, at least, as hidden TEAM SKILLS.
They could also be visible ones, like our players skills and have a place(and importance) at the team ratings, in the boxscore and of course the outcome of a game.