BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Listen to Suggestions

Listen to Suggestions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/26/2012 10:21:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm playing buzzerbeater since the end of season 1 (I had a different team before, obviously)
Is the first seasons the game was continuously evolving and getting better. In the last season development of the game basically ended and sometimes I have the feeling that no one really cares about it.
I know most of the original BBs now have more important things to think about therefore the time they can spend into the game is less to none, but in the suggestion forum (and in national forums as well) I daily read interesting ideas.
The game has still a lot of room to improve, so why not to find some new people with time and skills to implement some of these suggestions?
Indeed, it would probably be costly, but on the other hand no further development would discourage people to buy and/or renew their supporter memberships, and less users means less introits form advertisement, putting the game on the verge of decline.

This Post:
230548.2 in reply to 230548.1
Date: 12/1/2012 6:47:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you completely but the thing that many people forget is that it is a long process to change/ improve anything so it takes time. They have added a ton of things to the game since I've joined though. Could they have added more within the time that they have had?... Probably but I do still think that they care and I will be renewing my supporter.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
230548.3 in reply to 230548.1
Date: 12/1/2012 9:03:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice nickname (and team name)! ;)

Best natural percussionist to ever master piano... name that LP for me please?

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
230548.4 in reply to 230548.3
Date: 12/2/2012 3:34:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice nickname (and team name)! ;)

Best natural percussionist to ever master piano... name that LP for me please?

Thank you! Compliments are mutual obviously. LP are just my real name initials, I actually wanted to use Thelonious as a nickname but someone already had it so...

This Post:
230548.5 in reply to 230548.2
Date: 12/10/2012 5:51:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is also important to keep in mind that a game of this sort can be completely broken by a single change. As the game has become more indepth I am betting that they are a little more hesitant to make many major changes.

As far as smaller changes go, I am sure that they are spending more time and resources on things that they feel are more crucial to the game.

This Post:
230548.9 in reply to 230548.8
Date: 12/11/2012 4:55:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Achievements - though coming out of nowhere the way they are now - have been a long time asked for project.

I think you have to differ between things people would like to change, because they are coming from another direction than the BBs, and things actually needing to be changed. There´s alot "wanted" stuff out there which is not and shall not be made because of the way BB is designed to be.

To make it easy: there -might- be a long term wish to play with 6 players on the court, but as this is a Basketball Game, it´s not likely to ever get done.

Some of the suggestions fall in that category - they´d change the game design in a way the BBs don´t see the game. It´s a bit far strechted to say those long term asked for projects should have any priority over the development direction taken by the BBs.

So overall - it´s hard to tell which of the suggestions are postponed, which are simply dismissed, and some are not due to come because of game design.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
230548.11 in reply to 230548.10
Date: 12/11/2012 5:53:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There have been long and lively discussions about all different kind of achievements, trophies, "rewards" for achieving tasks in plenty communities. The way the BBs made the achievements is unsasked for, but honestly, isn´t that what game developers and game designers are for? They are not there only to fulfill the things asked for, but also to develop visions and concepts, and so they did.

Reworking the GE is a ressource heavy process, and I guess focusing on getting the Box Scores in time is eating up all the ressources in that area.

Jerseys and stuff would be great, asked for it myself a long time ago, but take a look around - doesn´t seem like they are overloading on the Graphics and Outlook Department anyways, ain´t they? ;)

I don´t say there ain´t things which have to be adressed, I just say that we (neither me nor you) are the ones to call out that this or that is clearly more important. We have opinions and we are entitled to them, but it´s like sailing on a ship. You see alluring islands left and right, but the captain´s gonna choose where to take land.

Last edited by LA-seelenjaeger at 12/11/2012 5:54:13 AM

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...