Suggestions > How to punish WOs

How to punish WOs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/1/2012 1:27:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How to punish Walkovers and obviously intentionally lost games:
(http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/30/spurs-fined-2500...)

This Post:
231913.3 in reply to 231913.1
Date: 12/1/2012 6:05:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I think this was stupid for David Stern to do. It should be up to the coach who he plays and who he rests. Besides nobody in Miami even cared if SA big three were there or not because they don't go to the Heat games to see them. They go to see Lebron Wade and Bosh. Also it is even more ridiculous because the spurs didnt lose by 30 or something and had a good chance of winning the game so if they won would Stern still have fined them? This was like the spurs saving game shape for upcoming games and I saw nothing wrong with it. PS I am a Denver nuggets fan so this is not biased at all. I take the back... I am biased because I frekin hate David Stern.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
231913.4 in reply to 231913.3
Date: 12/1/2012 10:11:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well as advertising goes on TV. They didn't hit this viewer. I wanted to see the Golden 3 vs the Greatest 3. Especially since their 1 game wasn't on national TV last year. The Ratings reflect that. 2 seasons ago, the Ratings were 2.7 and 2.9 million viewers. This game was only viewed by 2.0 million viewers, that's nearly a 33% drop in viewership. Stern had to stick up for the Networks and Advertisers that have invested in the Association.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/11/spursheat-viewership-up-big-with-a-caveat/

Plus Pop also had other games to sit out 1 or 2 players along the way. Its not like they didn't ahead of time this game was on TV as the only game, a marquee matchup, if you will. Pop stuck it to the fans, and Stern stuck it to a franchise.

I'm not sure why anyone cares that 1 millionaire fined another millionaire some money. Not the end of the world.

This Post:
231913.5 in reply to 231913.3
Date: 12/3/2012 12:17:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I think this was stupid for David Stern to do. It should be up to the coach who he plays and who he rests. Besides nobody in Miami even cared if SA big three were there or not because they don't go to the Heat games to see them. They go to see Lebron Wade and Bosh. Also it is even more ridiculous because the spurs didnt lose by 30 or something and had a good chance of winning the game so if they won would Stern still have fined them? This was like the spurs saving game shape for upcoming games and I saw nothing wrong with it. PS I am a Denver nuggets fan so this is not biased at all. I take the back... I am biased because I frekin hate David Stern.

I'm with you. Despite of all explainable reasons there is no system. No fair system, if fair is anything NBA wants to associate itself with.
It's basically an opinion of one man. We lost some money, let's punish the guilty. But what it does, it just brings more BS into NBA. Teams will now fake injuries to do the same.

P.S. Denver is my Western conference team, really enjoyed Memphis game.

This Post:
231913.6 in reply to 231913.5
Date: 12/3/2012 12:36:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
David Stern basically told the whole league that he doesnt care about their health or happiness, as long as he gets ratings. Poppovich is the man.

This is what Stern gets for skewing the schedules for his favorite teams. Spurs get the Heat after 4 games in 6 days, while the Heat were home for the entire thanksgiving holiday....

So glad Stern is leaving

This Post:
231913.7 in reply to 231913.3
Date: 12/3/2012 2:47:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It should be up to the coach who he plays and who he rests.

Well welcome to a league where money is in charge and not sport. People go to watch superstars and if they don't get it they're upset (which is only partially true). So teams get fined because NBA is a money machine, nothing more than that.
It's not a mistery that timeouts are often called by advertisements/sponsors and not by coaches.

(of course I agree with what you said)