BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Total of Achievement points for all users

Total of Achievement points for all users

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/3/2012 3:28:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We have a new feature, the Achievements. While this is just another fun feature without game play effects and therefore understandably for Supporters only, the policy handicaps this feature considerably. It is now impossible to make comparisons against your friends and league mates, when the totals of only Supporters are shown. One guy doesn't have Supporter and you have incomplete information for everyone to make a meaningful comparison.

The suggestion is to show the total points of Achievements for all users. How the team arrives at this point total can be left unknown for non-Supporters. This would still serve the purpose of keeping this a premium feature for Supporters only. However, with the current limitation the fun of comparing the totals across your buddy list and especially the whole community is one achievement this feature can't complete. Totals for everyone, please.

This Post:
232129.3 in reply to 232129.2
Date: 12/3/2012 4:07:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem I see here is that it would take only 5 minutes of studying the Achievement points of a supporter who has many points to figure out how your own total is added up...

Yes, this would give many users a reasonably good idea pretty quickly. But I don't think that many would go through the trouble of doing that. Even now, the same people know many of the achievements they have (many take no effort to find out, such as your arena size etc.) and can compare against Supporters to calculate their own total score. Will they get it exactly right, not always, but close enough to have an idea. This is however not communicated to the community other than possibly in a forum thread, where "I have about 100 points" is not more than noise to me.

The community aspect could be strengthened in the future, I agree. Maybe one could show each user's positon in the national/league/global achievement points ranking, not just who is the current leader.

This is a good addition.

This Post:
232129.5 in reply to 232129.4
Date: 12/3/2012 7:22:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so either it is bugged or by default non-supporter is awarded less points even if they ahve achieved teh same or more in a given category....

That's the point of the suggestion really. Non-Supporters do get the points (surely they are in the system, they just show the first line only), but they are not revealed because this is a Supporter feature. Yet, you can look at a page and see a total. That total is supposed to make sense if the user is a Supporter, it is nonsense if the user is not a Supporter. It is up to any user to check whether the user whose page they are looking at is a Supporter or not to make sense of the numbers. That's just total waste of everyone's time and a major usability fail.

Either don't have it show achievements AT ALL for non-supporters, or give us the exact same number of points for the same achievements.

Blank page for non-Supporters is also a worthy option. But to have some community bragging rights etc. the totals are important.

My suggestion:
Show the totals correctly for all users. Keep the way how the totals accumulate visible only for Supporters.

This Post:
232129.7 in reply to 232129.6
Date: 12/3/2012 8:20:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Exactly. It appears to be misinformation. The point is to give a preview such that people would find this feature interesting and buy the Supporter package, but I don't think confusing information is the best way to give a preview.

This Post:
232129.8 in reply to 232129.6
Date: 12/3/2012 11:55:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So the total being displayed is just of the level 1s and I can not see my correct total, but it does exist?
Ok I'm as confused as ever.
What is the point of seeing anything if its not correct?

Exactly! I was confused, thought the system hasn't done counting yet or something.
It is very pointless.