BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > More Emphatic Plays

More Emphatic Plays

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/14/2012 4:42:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Two ideas I had while watching my league game. Pretty simple, but maybe could be impractical with the current game engine?

Fast Break Verbiage:
Saw a thread from June requesting fast breaks. It got shot down for being complicated, but I don't think it needs to be. Mirror it after tip ins on offense. A quick calculation is done after every offensive rebound, within 2 seconds the half court is reset or an attempt is made. After every steal, run a similar calculation within 4 seconds. An assisted/unassisted dunk is attempted if passes or half court offense is run if not. Doesn't have to be complicated and would really add to the feel of the game, imo.

Shot block out of bounds:
Every once in a while in the NBA you see a monster block that is rejected into the stands. There really isn't a similar verbiage in BuzzerBeater to reflect this. I have seen...shot blocked (by player A) - Player A scrambles for the rebound but it goes out of bounds. I think it would be pretty cool to see this as...shot blocked (by player A) - Player A sent that one into the second row. The only game engine thing here would be that the shot clock SHOULD NOT be reset. How many blocked shots in the NBA hit the rim anyways? Any further...why isn't there a shot clock violation code?

Just two exciting plays that I feel aren't represented well enough in the game engine. I really enjoy seeing tip dunks, alley oops, and contested threes drained in the game and wish there were some more exciting basketball plays included.

This Post:
233039.2 in reply to 233039.1
Date: 12/14/2012 8:49:20 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
same with dunk faces

all I see is this: Player (A) goes baseline and stretches out for the dunk, guarded closely by Player (B)

scored

that's one of the few examples. I'd like to see more exciting calls like let's say

Player (A) just hammered the ball through Player (B)'s face!

or something like that........

sometimes BB GE doesn't have exciting comentators. Only one I see funny is

"Bodies go flying as.........."

that's the only one i see funny.

we could make like a few suggestion for new commentations. like for 3 pointers I hardly ever see different 3 point calls.

we could have on with

Player (A) sets back and jumps for a three, with Player (B) all the way on Planet Mars

or something like that. Just a couple of examples to bounce off of.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
233039.4 in reply to 233039.3
Date: 12/15/2012 10:27:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow, good detective work Manon. My suggestion still stands to make the in game commentary a bit more embellished to reflect the excitement of a fast break. Good to know the mechanics may already be there.

Fast breaks are very common in real basketball, and in my opinion one of the most exciting plays. I know this engine isn't built to function outside of a half court set, but it would be nice to at least have a mirrage of fast breaks when watching. Sounds like this isn't so far fetched after all.

This Post:
233039.6 in reply to 233039.2
Date: 12/16/2012 3:54:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I see "Bodies go flying as.........." I think "Well there is a clumsy drive, here comes a miss."
And usually it's a missed IS.

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
233039.7 in reply to 233039.6
Date: 12/16/2012 5:47:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I see "Bodies go flying as.........." I think "Well there is a clumsy drive, here comes a miss."
And usually it's a missed IS.

This.

When my opponent gets a "bodies go flying.." on offense, I immediately assume one of my stupid players is about to foul him. I'm correct about 60% of the time.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.