BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Unusual Team Ownership Issue

Unusual Team Ownership Issue

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/9/2013 11:56:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok...yes, I know exactly how weird what I am stating appears, but bear with me. Please, understand, in the spirit of retaining game integrity, I cannot elaborate beyond what I am already going to say. I am in the following league: Ecuador - Superliga Ecuador. There was a Bot team called the "Deadly New Bullets". Awash in fanfare, on 8 February 2013, a news item came across our league, touting a new owner for that same team (article is still up on site). The team was renamed the "la seleccion de ecuador" (50083), the name which it currently retains. Along with the new name, a review of the newly managed team clearly indicated a new "live human being", not Bot, manager. The team played its first game tonight under the new manager. Their opponent played "Normal", the newly managed team played, "TIE". The newly managed team got their hiney whooped. This newly managed team - "la seleccion de ecuador" (50083) - is who I play next. I check their team page...and...bam! Says the team is being run by a Bot again. I have heard of fickle...but 1 game...and done? Seriously? Maybe you shouldn't play TIE against a significantly superior team...but, seriously? Dude quit, already? Is something else wrong here? I would like to know if I am due to play a Bot team or a human in the next game. Could someone on staff verify, one way or another. Just in my many years of doing these type of games (including this one previously), on multiple sites, never seen anyone quit a team after less than 1 day...and after 1 game. Heck, I am still playing my team and believe me...what I inherited wasn't pretty...lol.

This Post:
235746.2 in reply to 235746.1
Date: 2/10/2013 2:31:16 AM
Aussie Pride
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
As far as i know you can't just quit. A team only goes bot when they don't log on for 6 economic updates. Maybe user was caught cheating by having multiple teams.

This Post:
235746.3 in reply to 235746.2
Date: 2/10/2013 3:12:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even then the team doesn't go bot immediately.

This Post:
235746.5 in reply to 235746.4
Date: 2/10/2013 11:07:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you all, who replied. I understand it is not a big thing. What I was trying not to say is that it impacts my strategy for this game, which in essence is a game of importance for playoff seeding (determines which team gets to beat the crap out of mine in the 1st round...lol). Playing against a Bot, I know what their offense/defense set will be and I know they will play normal. Playing against a human, especially one that just went TIE, means I could get a CT against me and a varied offence/defense, for which I have to plan. I did not want it to seem like I was seeking unfair advantage in terms of game integrity, just that I understood the rules as the first 2 respondents did and I just don't see how a guy can claim a team and go Bot in 24 hours. So, I just wonder if there was an initial glitch in granting the team, or if there is a glitch now, where I cannot see that I am facing a human and it is erroneously reflecting a Bot. Big difference in my game time strategy, even though it won't mean a thing in terms of changing the playoff outcomes in this league. My team is pretty much getting trashed in the playoffs by either opponent I face. It is all about the spirit of game integrity.

This Post:
235746.7 in reply to 235746.6
Date: 2/10/2013 9:46:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks.