BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > I want to upgrade to DIII

I want to upgrade to DIII

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/13/2013 5:51:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am currently the best team in the big eight but, there are two teams I am troubled by in the other divisions epernay city and MIdnight tokers. Does anybody know a way that I can beat them...

This Post:
246480.2 in reply to 246480.1
Date: 8/13/2013 7:13:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am currently the best team in the big eight but, there are two teams I am troubled by in the other divisions epernay city and MIdnight tokers. Does anybody know a way that I can beat them...

Some people will say by scoring more points than them, others will say by keeping their score below yours. Either way works.

What I will suggest if you're not doing it already (and last game indicates you're not) is TIEing every game you can. As in all of them. Your team will play better on a TIE with 10 enthusiasm than a normal with 5.

This Post:
246480.4 in reply to 246480.1
Date: 8/14/2013 12:26:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
While playing TIE often is important, I think winning every game and doing your best to secure home court advantage throughout the playoffs is even more important. Even then you still might not get HC advantage but it's difficult to beat a similar/better team playing 2/3 on the road so you should try.

I would TIE the games that are clear wins and if you have one that you're not sure about, play normal. If you have an easy playoff game in your division TIE those too.

Make sure you gameshape is at peak level (proficient-strong) throughout the playoffs. The only time I ever trained gameshape was just before games 2-3 in the finals one season. (Unfortunately my opponent also trained GS and I lost game 3 by 2 pts). Higher gameshape can make up for differences in talent.

But if you can afford it, you may have to add another player or two to insure that you're better than the 2 teams on the other side.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 8/14/2013 12:30:35 PM