Concerned Team Owner

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/3/2013 9:59:11 PM
Springfield Storm
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I realize I won the quarter final game, but it took home court advantage and overtime to win. Why was it so close? (Besides his effort) This really makes me worry about the semi-final game. So should I play off normal or play off crunch time the semi final game?

This Post:
247087.2 in reply to 247087.1
Date: 9/3/2013 10:46:16 PM
Surry Hills Peeps
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Your teams are actually pretty evenly matched, looks like your Enths are similar, and GS on both teams are up and down.

His record is not indicative of his teams real value. I think you were lucky that you had all that in your favor. he also played Patient which is designed to keep the scores closer and exploit miss matches. He scouted you well and played accordingly. You might want to look at your tactics and line up predictability, and train GS this week for the finals series.

This Post:
247087.3 in reply to 247087.1
Date: 9/3/2013 10:51:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the game was so close mainly because of CT, but he also played patient. He slowed the pace down on his possessions so the game could be as close as possible. He probably did this because he knows your team is better then his. I say you CT to guarantee a win, because he is probably gonna do the same. After your semi-final game everything looks easier because the Great 8 teams seem worse then your semi-final game.

To: L33T
This Post:
247087.4 in reply to 247087.3
Date: 9/3/2013 11:05:36 PM
Surry Hills Peeps
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think there is much chance Springfield Storm CT's the semi. You are both in a stalemate here, if you CT this next game, you lose the Final series for sure, if you play Normal you leave the game to HCA and GS, my hunch is he Normals thinking you will CT and sees his team getting through regardless.I would plan around this.

I'm not sure that the Great 8 does not pose that great a threat No.1 seed could upset either one of your top teams.

This Post:
247087.5 in reply to 247087.1
Date: 9/4/2013 12:50:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, congrats on the close win.

Should you play PON or POCT? PON is my suggestion. As stated if you CT the SF game then you will likely head into the Finals with less enthusiasm than Miu/Delpra and you'll need max as you are all very equivalent. Of course if you think Miu/Delpra both CT their SF then you could enter the finals with equal enthusiasm and there is no negative effect. It's a tough decision but I'd play it cautiously and PON the SF match. Remember making the Finals isn't your goal (although you're good at that :P), winning the finals is.

Why was it so close? If I remember correctly from when Nelson bought Winker he is a 20JS with 10-12JR(maybe more i dont recall) guy with also relatively high HN/DR so he doesnt need a strong PG to set him up to score. I don't remember what Passas has for OD but it obviously isnt enough to stop Winkler in M2M. Thats precisely the type of guy he needs to get by with Patient and 2 high salary guys and fill out the squad with trainees/cheap scrubs.