More Fan Survey confusion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/6/2013 3:11:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am pleased with the team's performance this season ***

3 stars.

I finished the season on a 10 game winning streak, made it to the cup finals, put up a winning record in B3 including winning my final 3 matches, watched my world ranking rise from 176 to 87 and most recently beat my opening round playoff opponent on the road.

The oddest part is that this number hovered between 4.5 to 5.0 stars most of the season and I haven't lost a single game since that time aside from the cup final (was given 5 stars on cup season)

Before anyone asks I have a level 4 PR guy, the same level I've had all season. I'm going to finally lose a match on Saturday so I'm very interested to see if it drops to 2*

Call me confused.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 9/6/2013 3:21:58 PM

This Post:
247176.2 in reply to 247176.1
Date: 9/6/2013 3:18:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

3 stars.

I finished the season on a 10 game winning streak, made it to the cup finals, put up a winning record in B3 including winning my final 3 matches, watched my world ranking rise from 176 to 87 and most recently beat my opening round playoff opponent on the road.

The oddest part is that this number hovered between 4.5 to 5.0 stars most of the season and I haven't lost a single game since that time.

Before anyone asks I have a level 4 PR guy, the same level I've had all season. I'm going to finally lose a match on Saturday so I'm very interested to see if it drops to 2*

Call me confused.

It's very realistic. NHL training camps open up next week and your little hoop-game success means little compared to the glory of the chase for the Cup. ;)

Otherwise, it's just another data point in the already-known problem of the fan survey being kind of screwy.

This Post:
247176.3 in reply to 247176.1
Date: 9/6/2013 3:27:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

3 stars.

The oddest part is that this number hovered between 4.5 to 5.0 stars most of the season and I haven't lost a single game since that time aside from the cup final (was given 5 stars on cup season)

Call me confused.

I had a similar thing take place. I had an overall 5* rating going into the playoffs, won my playoff game and dropped to 4* overall. Then, I won my scrimmage and regained my 5* rating. My fans get more excited about seeing my bench play a scrimmage against a team from Malaysia's bench than watching us win our conference semi-final. Good to know.

I took the time to track my fan surveys this season closely, and found that I could only have a 5* rating overall if I'd won my most recent league game, rival game, and TV game. At one point I lost my 2nd TV game, and my fan survey dropped down to 3* for a couple weeks until I won the last TV game of the season.

This Post:
247176.4 in reply to 247176.1
Date: 9/6/2013 6:04:27 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Yup
Been there done that
pleased with the team's performance last season 2 1/2 stars and I lost in the championship game.
Wait, you know that, I lost to you.
You know that most of us know that this area has a major flaw
worse still it leads to the ridiculous occasional cuts in home attendance

This Post:
247176.5 in reply to 247176.4
Date: 9/6/2013 6:56:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I promoted with a 22-0 record and then finished 3rd in the next division. I thought that was heading in the right direction.

My fans are tough to please, though. They're only giving me 3.5 stars for that (and for performance this season). I guess I had to promote two seasons in a row to get 5 stars for direction, and then they'd probably give me grief for not winning the next level, too.

This Post:
247176.7 in reply to 247176.1
Date: 9/7/2013 12:30:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It makes no sense. I have 4 stars, have a worse record than you, and have lost a ton of games post-ASG. I did however win 2nd half TV games and rival game.

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
247176.8 in reply to 247176.7
Date: 9/7/2013 2:07:28 AM
Surry Hills Peeps
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
From my experience this season (my situation).

At the mid season update I bumped up my prices and downgraded my PR guy (from Competent NA to Basic) to see if I could notice any real difference , the effect of this was a drop from 100% attendance to as far down as 68% even though I was winning the whole Div and was playing the other top ranked teams in the Div. I won all the away games, TV matches, Rival games etc.

In the wash up I think there is a link with PR guy (and Specialty), pricing and records. I went back and got a Competent National Appeal guy and scaled back the prices (but still higher than the first instance) and now I am back to 95%+ and have played much weaker teams.

I think now I will stick to the Competent PR + NA as it has also put my Merch back up a couple of grand. I am not sure if this is all info I should have known (I'm willing to admit I don't know everything/ a lot on BB) , but it was good to test it out and see the effect it had on my situation first hand, lesson learned I guess.

This Post:
247176.9 in reply to 247176.6
Date: 9/7/2013 5:51:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You have to stop looking at cup and other stuff when looking at the "pleased with the...." parameter. It only looks at your record this season and not if you had long winning streaks or have a weaker team then the rest.
And if you read the info on the fan survey page it also says it does not have to be a very accurate tool to see how your entire fan base think of your team.
However if the merch and attendance is affected by the shown rating or the actual feeling of your fans is the real question here. And that's something we probably never will get an answer on.

I only mentioned the cup because the only game I've lost since the all-star break was the cup final.

That's fine if it's not completely accurate as we all see fluctuations but I've never seen those fluctuations go from 5 stars down to 3 stars without any negative influences pulling it in that direction.

Also if it only factors in this season's record why was I was getting more stars when I was 7-5 then when I finished the season 17-5? My confusion is on why is the rating getting significantly worse as my record continues to improve? What have I done to negatively effect it?

This Post:
247176.10 in reply to 247176.9
Date: 9/7/2013 2:31:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fan survey is bugged, accept it. I sold my two best Players a few days ago and the "Star player" category went from .5 to 4. Last season I bought a good SG, the same category went up from .5 to 4 only to Fall back two days later. Too random...

As expected it went down to two balls today.

Last edited by Knecht at 9/8/2013 7:14:03 AM

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular