Help - English > To play, or not to play

To play, or not to play

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/10/2014 11:37:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey all,
I just wanted to get some opinions on a Game Shape management issue I'm having. I played an overtime game on Saturday, and my Power Forward played 52 minutes, so I'm going to sit him in Tuesday's game. However, my Small Forward played 49 minutes on Saturday, and I'm not sure whether to play him as a backup or to sit him entirely.

But there's more to it: I'm playing a team with no players over 4k salary, so if I play him, he'll probably play a lot when my team gets a big lead. I'm really indecisive about this, so I'd love a second opinion

This Post:
255636.2 in reply to 255636.1
Date: 3/10/2014 12:02:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey all,
I just wanted to get some opinions on a Game Shape management issue I'm having. I played an overtime game on Saturday, and my Power Forward played 52 minutes, so I'm going to sit him in Tuesday's game. However, my Small Forward played 49 minutes on Saturday, and I'm not sure whether to play him as a backup or to sit him entirely.

But there's more to it: I'm playing a team with no players over 4k salary, so if I play him, he'll probably play a lot when my team gets a big lead. I'm really indecisive about this, so I'd love a second opinion

It's quite possible he'd get 24 or more minutes as a backup, especially if he's behind a low stamina or low skill player.

What you could do is list him solely as a reserve and have the starter also listed as the backup - this should at least limit his minutes to garbage time plus an odd minute here or there for stamina issues. If the starter has an injury, though, he'll get a lot of minutes then. The other option is that if you're not aiming specifically to get anyone 48 minutes but are still dressing 10 or fewer players (including him) is having him dress but not assigned to the depth chart - he'll then come in when you reach garbage time.

This Post:
255636.3 in reply to 255636.2
Date: 3/10/2014 12:17:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Excellent, I'm going to set him as reserve with Erwin Davis at starter & backup. Davis has enough stamina to limit the minutes Ceknys gets, while being a good enough player to get us into garbage time.

This Post:
255636.4 in reply to 255636.3
Date: 3/12/2014 8:29:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was going to suggest the same thing as hrudey. I play starters at the reserve spot for scrimmages and they seem to always get 8-14 minutes, which is nice.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs