BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > NT Elections

NT Elections

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/1/2015 10:30:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- When a foreigner manager submit his name in the election pool, he can't see the opponents. A national manager can.
Suggestion: For transparency and equality, everyone should be able to see who are the others candidates.

- When are a draw, the manager who started BB early wins... Not the more fair or intelligent outcome. We must reward quality, not antiquity. I think it's very important to micronations.
Suggestion: We need another system. Maybe a vote between the GM's, or something like that, with the candidates who draw the election.

This Post:
269918.4 in reply to 269918.3
Date: 5/1/2015 1:25:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, people like you or who runs the job. If you can vote to elect the NT manager of France, and assume another important decisions in the game, you can vote between candidates to break the draw. Everyone can do that. It isn't rocket science.
Like i said... "maybe", only an idea i throw to the table.
Election is about subjectivity, if you want go that way, GM's voting is only another step in that subjectivity.
And if you want objectivity, "who starts early" is a really bad one. There are really bad managers winning elections only because they started early...
It's better the subjectivity of 40 persons, instead a "who starts early" clause.
But like i said, only a preliminary idea... i'm certain that there are dozens of better ideas to remove that bad "who starts early" clause.

This Post:
269918.6 in reply to 269918.5
Date: 5/1/2015 2:28:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
More voters? Only to solve a draw.

- The result of a democratic process can be a draw...
- The users can be interested in their NT and the draw be the result...
- "easiest solution is to vote for the best one" - you can vote for the "best one" and the result be a draw.
- In countries with no users, the result will be a draw...
- The managers of the countries created more recently will have that disadvantage forever when they run for a NT election.
- A manager who start after couldn't be punish when they run for a NT election only because he didn't start early, like you said, NT coach election are a democratic process in BB.

But again, i'm certain that there are dozens of better ideas to remove that bad "who starts early" clause.
The solution don't need to be the GM vote. But we can't have afraid to make decisions. If i had accept the invitation to be a GM, made to me several years ago, i didn't have any problems to vote between managers to break a draw. I make dozens of that decisions every day in my business companies.

Good debate for all, cheers

This Post:
269918.9 in reply to 269918.8
Date: 5/1/2015 3:55:35 PM
Joruus
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
and if there is no voters ... as in some country ...

Then nobody will complain about the elected coach... ;)