BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Overpriced Arena?

Overpriced Arena?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/2/2015 10:15:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My first home game following promotion gathered only a 35% attendance rate (granted my arena is very large. More accurate is to say I only had 6000-7000 in attendance). I was trying to look for ideal prices on the forum earlier, but the best advice I found was look at the arena prices for other promoted teams. I figured that since NBBA managers probably know what they're doing, I looked at Golden Horde's arena prices. Does D4 simply get lower promotion bonuses? Does D4 attendance soft cap at a certain amount? I was hoping for just 10k attendance. What exactly went wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BLuJay at 5/2/2015 10:16:35 PM

This Post:
270011.2 in reply to 270011.1
Date: 5/3/2015 12:00:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If your team was in D2 or NBBA, for example, more people would have come to the game. As long as prices are fairly reasonable, fans will pay more (more may show up instead, or both) to see a team that is higher up. You can also think of a 1st place team and an 8th place team. Nine times out of ten, more fans will show up for an NBBA game than a D4 game (assuming the NBBA team isn't tanking and losing by big margins). Fans will money for a winning team, but aren't going to show up and pay to watch a losing team.

Now back to BB. It's too late now, but you need to lower your prices before May 26th. I'm not sure exactly what price, but you'll want to decrease your lower tier and luxury boxes even further. I would also knock off a couple more dollars off the bleachers as well. For courtside, I would probably take away another $15.

This Post:
270011.3 in reply to 270011.2
Date: 5/3/2015 12:13:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I figured as much once I saw such low attendance. Thanks for the advice. What a waste of a promotion attendance bonus :(

This Post:
270011.4 in reply to 270011.3
Date: 5/3/2015 3:07:10 AM
Hard Ball Gets
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Probably better to learn that lesson going from Div V to Div IV, rather than later when it'll cost more :)

For the record, saying that you should base your prices on "other promotees" is incomplete. Really, what you need to base it on are "other promotees in the same division. This is because fans will be more likely to come to a higher division game and more willing to pay higher prices, much the same as there are greater attendances and higher prices for an NBA game than a college game.

To get a better estimate, what I'd actually suggest instead is whenever you promote into a new division, check out ticket prices for teams that are already there. Set your prices slightly higher than a team that has a similar size arena to you, and seems to be almost selling out each seat type.