BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > option of running offense through a player

option of running offense through a player (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/15/2015 7:06:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
U don't like how in the options menu it only gives you types of offenses. And none of those offenses are good for ypur best player. I think they should just make it easer and make an option to run through a player.

This Post:
270497.4 in reply to 270497.2
Date: 5/16/2015 4:35:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even patient does not guarantee that one certain player is focus of your offense

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
270497.5 in reply to 270497.3
Date: 5/17/2015 9:53:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
actually I'm with Perpete on this one.

whilst you cannot FORCE the offense to go through a particular player, II, OI and Patient, will pick the best player to push that offense through.

this will of course be dependent upon the defensive selections and defensive abilities of your opponent.

so for eg: (81734844) - OI offense - the Points per 100 spread is pretty even, by my SG dominated and the number of shots taken was only by 3 players really.
as opposed to game (79205108) - OI Offense again - Points per 100 spread is quite varied, but the number of shots taken by players more even. My SG struggled but my C took the most shots.

i mean thats just two quick examples that i found - but really the difference beteen the two games would have been the defensive abilities of my opponents.
so the coach on the day runs the offense through the player whom he believes will succeed the most. And so he damn well should.

You can 'trick' the game engine into forcing the offense through a certain player. If you know that the PG will have good points per 100 but you don't want your real PG to take those shots, swap him over with your SG in the lineup. (obviously this doesn't work all the time) and will only work if you have a really good knowledge of how the game is going to play out.

This Post:
270497.7 in reply to 270497.6
Date: 5/17/2015 10:41:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
patient and isolations are night and day

yes sorry, i shouldn't have put patient there. Although whilst not designed, this is certain this does seem to pick a 'best player'

However i have also played IO and II many times and as straight from the game manual

Inside Isolation: Your team finds their best inside scorer. Normal Pace.

Outside Isolation: Your team finds their best outside scorer. Normal Pace.

So according to the game manual, they ARE developed to look for a single player, and from my observations, i find this to be true. Not as lopsided as Patient though.

This Post:
270497.9 in reply to 270497.8
Date: 5/18/2015 1:38:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
seriously? I mean... seriously?

Hows about we be constructive in this conversation. Could you please post me some sample games where you believe the offenses do not operate as per the game manual. I would be curious to understand these, as most of my games where ive played II or OI follow the concepts as outlined in the game manual.

Isolation offenses: The team will try to find their best offensive player and clear out an area for him to create his own shot. There are two types of isolation offenses (both are considered as having a balanced focus by the GDP):

This Post:
270497.11 in reply to 270497.10
Date: 5/18/2015 9:50:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
btw, i really think that the developers are Americans and the writer is European cause the isolation concept is different from one to other, but are just thoughts

potentially - and maybe this got me thinking that there might be some 'lost in translation' aspects to the game manual, from english to other languages? as well?

but onto my examples.
as per my previous posts
(81734844) - In this game, Outside Isolation - 17 shots taken by my starting SG, including 8 threes. The most number of FG's taken by someone on the court. (But maybe not the best example as garbage time ensued)

(82497047) - in this game, SG takes 25 shots including 6 three's...., PF takes 21... next highest is 8

(82497065) - in this game, the SF position (played mostly by 1 player, and another who played at PG and SF) took 45 shots total. (out of 91) - maybe again not a good case because some of the minutes were split between PG and SF, but still very clear cut SF dominated shots.

(79205091) - in this game, SG takes 28 shots, PF takes 23 shots. next highest is 10

I do have some examples though where it is spread evenly. But the ratio tends to more than not, 1 or 2 players take majority of shots.
I find with Outside Iso especially, if you have a PG/SG/SF with really good driving and inside shot, he will take more shots, still a 2:1 ratio of jump shots/3's to driving shots.....PF when he takes a high number of shots with OI he tends to do 1:1 ratio of driving layup and mid range jumpers. not that many 3's or 'tough inside shots' (stilla few though from offensive boards etc).

i generally don't see the C being involved with OI, but that might be because ive had poor offensive players in my team :)