BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > benefit untalented players?

benefit untalented players?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/3/2008 4:57:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that is clear that we all like to get player with a best potential and is normal to think that if there are two players - one A 4 star potential and second A 3 star potential - is easy to say which one will be likely picked up

..so I think that we should to benefit somehow players with a tiny potential..

Is obvious that if player reach his potential, he will be glad that you'll keep him on so good league on the bench if he is not so good like his fellows... but he should to demand less money, because his affect to the team will not have growed future..

So I would like to see that bench warmer will demand less money than the allstar - while they have same skills...

..this will create a new oportunity for training players with a little potential

what do you think?

To: RiP
This Post:
27617.3 in reply to 27617.2
Date: 5/4/2008 6:32:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
is normal, that gifted players with a incredibly future have much more better wage even during their's first years... in real - while you want keep them, to prolonger their's contract - you have to pay them more, that's all

This Post:
27617.4 in reply to 27617.1
Date: 5/4/2008 6:41:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would wait, how potential is working before i would change the workaround ;)

Maybe we doesn't get punish from players with tiny potential, because you could train then easily 2 season without loosing much time because of the potential.

This Post:
27617.5 in reply to 27617.4
Date: 5/4/2008 7:07:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally understand that barely talented players from a lower leagues will get their's teams higher for a less money than you'll need to invest for wages of your players - to hold up in your league.. and you'll need even more money - while you will not think about your players and will want always best talent..

..it is obvious that in real in low league - teams doesn't pay to their's players so much like on top league - that's why they have a tiny chance to be there sometimes...

In BB will not be normal that someone camp in a higher league just because he registered first and the others don't. BBs told to us that 1st and 2nd league will be not so much supported. This clearly fit with this idea - you have to think about your players to hold in there

I know you talked about something slightly different, but I needed to say even this point:)

This Post:
27617.6 in reply to 27617.5
Date: 5/4/2008 7:22:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
envious? *run*

I won't see the different for the higher leagues who would play mostly with allstars, because even all iff Famer will need 2+ Season to get on the level allstars already are - so the best players would be all stars fora longer period of time which are average in the potential^^

..it is obvious that in real in low league - teams doesn't pay to their's players so much like on top league - that's why they have a tiny chance to be there sometimes...

Thats why the good players with the high salaries play in the top leagues? And talents with a high potential, often plays in lower leagues at the begin of their carrier, because they don't get the game practice they need in the top leagues. But some not so big talents with a solid skill set would play instead of then ;)

This Post:
27617.7 in reply to 27617.6
Date: 5/4/2008 12:31:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I won't see the different for the higher leagues who would play mostly with allstars

I think that there will be a lot of clever and successfull managers which will get what they want:)

talents with a high potential, often plays in lower leagues at the begin of their carrier, because they don't get the game practice they need in the top leagues.

this fits too. If you want to train your enormly succesfull draft, you can.. but there will be wasting of a money to train this huge talent only to half of his potential or so... so he can be sold soon to the top where he should be...

This Post:
27617.8 in reply to 27617.7
Date: 5/4/2008 12:49:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
where is half of the potential? What negativ effects you got if you train him just half the way? Why no ambition when training a player, because later it was nearly impossibel to train a "new" player?

This Post:
27617.9 in reply to 27617.8
Date: 5/4/2008 12:58:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I give to you an example

You will train a 2 players which you will have on a same skill level - for example you trained them by 2 seasons and you want to stop the training and only keep them for your team

1st will have a potential "superstar" and will get from you 15000 wage p/w
2nd will have a potential "role player" and will get from you 8000 wage p/w only

which one you will keep for your team and which one you will sell and get a huge money while you stopped the training on both? This is a negative/positive effect of this solution

Last edited by Iordanou at 5/4/2008 1:00:13 PM

This Post:
27617.10 in reply to 27617.9
Date: 5/4/2008 1:05:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah but how much players only wanted to train for their team? And maybe those player even just train their own draft ;)

And why should someone get less money for doing nothing better then the similiar player(don't forget even hall of famer becoming old). When i'm buying ready trained player, the potenitial is total unimportant but why it should have such an increase of the salary? Why should announcer the more likely players then "hall of famer"?

This Post:
27617.11 in reply to 27617.10
Date: 5/4/2008 1:17:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see your point like if the player becomes old and you want to buy him as a ready trained player - you would not be happy that you have to pay more for his wage just because he is a hall of farmer, so somewhere at the middle of his potential and not on the edge...

there could be by the time a strange hybrids which are good, but needs a lot money just because his birth place was not competent to fill up theirs needs..

I think that there could be a simple solution.. when players training affect slows down because of an age - should be turned down also lineary the wage to the level of potential which he should to have with his preferences to be on the edge of this potential

Simply if player lose speed of training, he will lose also his wage and go with his wage to the level of potential which correspond to his skills.. what do you think?:)

edit: this will keep the motivation for training low potential players without having an negative effect for the talented but much more older fellows

Last edited by Iordanou at 5/4/2008 1:21:25 PM