BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > New Owner Windy City Ravens!

New Owner Windy City Ravens!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/13/2016 6:48:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What's up guys. Was scrolling through the internet after hearing about buzzer beater for so long to finally get in touch with such a great game. Im in the figuring out stages now as I want to be at least somewhat knowledgeable about how things work around here before the next season starts.

Team: Windy City Ravens
Current record 2-20 (just got team)
League: IV.19

I have a few questions:

1. Do we have do purchase our team in order to extend our ownership year after year?

2. I saw a thing talking about support and saw $40 so im a bit confused with this.

3. If its ok please add me! Im going to truly get into this game so I would to start networking as soon as possible.

thanks

This Post:
278741.2 in reply to 278741.1
Date: 5/13/2016 7:41:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey jhigg

First off, no you don't ever have to pay to keep your team. If you choose to manage a second team in the "Utopia" country [link=http://www.buzzerbeater.com/country/99/overview.aspx ]then you have to pay $10 a year to extend that teams life.

It's actually impossible to pay for an advantage in BuzzerBeater. You have the option of buying Supporter http://www.buzzerbeater.com/store/buysupporter.aspx if you want to help BuzzerBeater out, but it only gives you out of game advantages like having a logo, a Hall of Fame, trophy case, jersey colors, some extra stats, etc.

Feel free to BB-Mail me if you have any questions about your team! Looks like you scored with the Jackson and Blanco combo. They are pretty good for a new team! They are about the same height so you can train them together nicely.

The game manual is here: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Rule...
there is also a good (even if it is a little old) help thread here: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

This Post:
278741.3 in reply to 278741.2
Date: 5/13/2016 8:30:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for replying bro!

-I thought i had to spend money at first which isn't a big deal but $40 bucks was too much lmao

-Jackson and Blanco is a good two-man punch

However:

When i go to the training section, it seems as if I can't select specific players; only positions combinations. Is this how it's suppose to be? Is training set as it account for the specific starters in those positions? (sf/pf) There isnt a drop down list of names or anything so Im assuming it takes the starters to train for the sf/pf slot. I heard something about in order to get max bonus to training that players need to have played 48 to 75 minutes per week to apply for training.

Not trying to annoy you with answers but i tend to ask alot when figuring out a complex game as such.

This Post:
278741.4 in reply to 278741.3
Date: 5/13/2016 9:09:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No worries.

The drop down menu on the training page selects the type of training you will do that week, but not who gets trained.

So if you select Pressure: PG then all players who play PG during that week will get training. Training happens once a week on Friday so if you change your mind Thursday night and switch to Rebounding: PF/C then the PF's and C will still get 100% training.

If you want to train two playes, like Jackson and Blanco for example, you can decide what skill you want to train (say, Pressure, which trains mainly Outside Defense) and then play them in the position you selected (PG).

It's important to know that "One position training" is the fastest training that has the biggest effect. So training players at the PG position for a week will be faster than training them at PG/SG even though that option allows you to train two people per game.

Players get trainig based on how many minutes they play at the selected position so if you want to train Jackson and Blanco in Outside Defense for example, you will need to play them at PG as changing the position can decrease the amount of training they will receive that week (which isn't always the worst thing if you have an important game and need them to play PF or SF).

Training takes practice, but it's a good way for new teams to get into the swing of things.

This Post:
278741.5 in reply to 278741.4
Date: 5/13/2016 9:11:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Im mad i came in at the dead end of the season but it will put me right in the "mamgement" part of the game so im ready!

This Post:
278741.6 in reply to 278741.5
Date: 5/13/2016 10:46:12 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
MiƂwaukee Lethargy
Im mad i came in at the dead end of the season but it will put me right in the "mamgement" part of the game so im ready!

anyway good luck.

This Post:
278741.7 in reply to 278741.6
Date: 5/13/2016 11:20:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see its comedy hour! Thanks good luck to you as well my friend.

(y)

This Post:
278741.9 in reply to 278741.5
Date: 5/14/2016 10:49:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Im mad i came in at the dead end of the season but it will put me right in the "mamgement" part of the game so im ready!

The end of the season sets you up for the draft coming up. Maybe you'll have a little luck there.

This Post:
278741.10 in reply to 278741.7
Date: 5/14/2016 12:29:56 PM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
Hey man, welcome to BB!
I was looking at your team and your arena and how there were price changes. You are already selling out at the courtside and lower tier, I don't think it's necessary to dramatically decrease prices

This Post:
278741.11 in reply to 278741.7
Date: 5/14/2016 12:47:36 PM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I see its comedy hour! Thanks good luck to you as well my friend.

(y)

Oh man you have wandered into the night at the improv of sports management games. Lot of good humored people here, many of us have been out here for years but this is a pretty welcoming bunch. We are also a bunch of armchair Red Auerbachs. This game on the surface looks real simple, almost dare I say stupid, but it is a blooming onion, revealing layers upon layers of sublime depth.

Good luck bro