BB USA > National Team Speeches

National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
279005.2 in reply to 279005.1
Date: 5/23/2016 8:07:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am running for National Team Manager on one simple premise: Make America Great Again!

Our country should be the king of basketball, a wall between us and all inferior countries. We should be dominating night in and night out striking fear into the hearts of our opponents. As manager I promise to do whatever it takes to win. My record speaks for itself. In five seasons, I took a team from division V up to the NBBA spending a season each in V, IV, II and two seasons in III. I have developed a winning mentality which will surely carry over to the National Team. My tactics are never predictable and the opposing manager is left in an anxiety attack not knowing what's coming for them. When they gamble with GDP they get it wrong.

Let's get this done guys! We need a new culture in the national team's front office. No more disappointments!

Last edited by Dwight Coward at 5/23/2016 8:34:31 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
279005.4 in reply to 279005.1
Date: 5/23/2016 10:17:23 PM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
As everyone knows by now, I have been the NT manager the last two seasons and I am running for re-election,

I have learned a lot as the NT coach over the last two seasons, not so much BB wise but more about listening to opinions of others and thinking differently in terms of lineups. With that said, I will be the first to admit that I made mistakes. I completely regret my decisions against Spain and crave for the opportunity to make it up.

For all that followed the NT last season, you would know that we had quite a few GS problems which made it difficult to really run a variety of offenses. We lacked the depth at guard to shy away from the inside offense and the few great shooters we had were routinely in poor GS compared to our other guards. I had promised more of a variety as your NT manager but was unable to mix in different offenses as much as I would have liked. We have had a lot of younger guards who have continued to be trained and should provide the team more options moving forward. If elected, I will continue to look at using a variety of tactics, assuming GS allows.

As far as training, I have hinted at this on the offsite, but I want to create an easier scouting program that will allow the owners of potential players to have better interaction with the NT program. This starts by having more of a "mentor" rather than getting directions through the NT manager. While I would love to help everyone, I would much rather have managers having more sustained interaction with the new NT scouts so that the managers have someone to send questions to and get quick replies from.

If re-elected, there is not much I will change other than continue to add in a variety of tactics (should GS allow). I think many would agree that I have done that so far, but I also know there are others that would like more. I will continue to do what is best for the NT and will continue to work towards building the deepest NT depth chart to date. I noted in my last election that I did not believe we had a Worlds Championship team but was prepared to be scrutinized. I will say the same thing except for the fact that I truly believe we are building something to remember and we will come out on top when my job is done (should I be re-elected).

Thank you to everyone who voted for me last election and thanks to everyone who votes for me in this. It is much appreciated and I am sure all of you know just how important a Worlds Gold is to me.

This Post:
279005.5 in reply to 279005.1
Date: 5/28/2016 11:14:58 PM
Grand Traverse Muskies
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I am running to for National Team manager, although I am an outsider you can put your trust in me, because hey in your heart you know im the right choice.

Now first off i would like to say thank you to last years coach Isaiah, and to all of the other candidates running this year. Now I know I am lacking the qualifications or the play time that maybe required to run a Managerial position of the National team, but like most of the people that are running I think I have a great Grasp on this game.

For the time that I have been playing this game I have been extremely active and have been trying to put together a winning team out of Scrubs. In this process of checking how certain systems work and by carefully watching the best players in this game and buy reading all of these forums post I believe that I have a very good system In place and think that with that system we will be able to turn around the sluggish unsuccessful National team and make it the most prosperous team in the world.

But You the people of these Great United States are also very important to the Success yes you must elect a leader that will one have a great system, but we need the players to compete with nations such as Spain, France, and Poland. we need you as a people to train our great players to get them to the stage that they can beat those teams and finally bring back a title to this Great Country.

It has been way to long since this country has won the world championship (6 going on 7 year) do you want the same old same old leaders or do you want a new and different leader that could potentially change the way the buzzer-beater world looks at the US National team if so, make you voice heard and vote SDcoyotes.