This Post:
Date: 9/5/2016 4:17:27 PM
Kerlci
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Hi, everybody!

First of all, thank you for your vote of confidence! I will do my best to improve the quality of Iceland U21 national team and its rankings.

Since Iceland is a small bb community, I believe, there could be a close cooperation between all 14 active managers and me as a NT manager. I already contacted all of you, and I hope, you will be open to my suggestions about training of young players. It would serve your teams well, and also national team would have a huge benefit from it.

So, my goals for first season are mainly based on trying to improve the quality and quantity of young players' training and also increasing the communication and cooperation in Iceland bb community. It is allways more fun, if there is some activity on national forum, there are new rivalries formed, etc.

Of course, the results are important from the very beginning. This season, we are playing the european championship in Ukraine. We were seeded in pot 7 (out of 8), and therefore, our opponents are mainly much stronger. Our group consists of the following NT teams (in order of seeding from pot 1 to pot 8)

-Hungary
-Lithuania
-England
-Slovakia (no, its not Slovenia )
-Switzerland
-Austria
-Malta

We are playing our first match against England next week. Unfortunately, our game schedule predicts a bloodbath in the first four matches, most likely. The matches, where we can realistically expect to win, will come at the end. One win is a must, and I would consider two wins a great result. So I am appealing to all of you to keep your NT players in good game shape, so this way, we could possibly surprise one of the better teams.

I hope you will add your comments or suggestions on this forum or by bb mail. Hopefuly, Iceland U21 NT will slowly begin to grow.

Cheers,

Boštjan - Deschamps

This Post:
281976.2 in reply to 281976.1
Date: 10/10/2016 11:31:42 AM
Kerlci
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Hello again!

We already played five matches at this season's European championships. After expected losses against England, Slovakia, Hungary and Lithuania, we managed to achieve a rather surprising win against Austria (38873). A great step towards at least 6th place in our group, which would improve our rankings and get us a bit easier opponents in following seasons.

Next week we are playing against Switzerland, and then Malta. One more win is a must, and then I would consider this season a success, first step towards becoming a decent U21 team in the next few seasons.

I hope, that all the owners of U21 players will keep their game shape high, and also that you will try to do as much training as possible with Icelandic 18-20 yr olds. So far, I believe, most of you are doing great job training and managing weekly minutes of your young players!

Regards,

Deschamps