BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Day to Day tasks

Day to Day tasks

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/16/2017 4:37:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've just recently started playing the game. I think it seems like a good game.

What I've noticed though that it seems like there is very little to do in a week? I'm wondering what I'm missing. Here are the things I know I should do each week:
-get scrimmage
-set lineup
-set training

What else should I be doing each day/week? It seems like there should be more.

This Post:
284473.2 in reply to 284473.1
Date: 1/16/2017 5:43:54 PM
Arsenal 98
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Saturday : game day! Obviously the game bit + tactics beforehand. I watch some other games in my league quite often. Get in chat, be sociable...Afterwards: check your attendance / income for home games. Check minutes played for your players, see if you need to alter your planned lineup for Tuesday. ~Some hours later check the updated league table.
Sunday : probably the least eventful day. Fan survey will update based on Saturday's game.
Monday: check finances - nothing spectacular here usually, slight fluctuations in merch and such.
- You can spend new scouting points after the allstar break.
- Look at International / under 21 games (these are a lot more interesting if you have a player in them, or know the managers)
Tuesday: see Saturday.
Weds: See Sunday + It's B3 day (Champions League for BB)
Thurs: Cup day! Or scrimmage day...use these for experimenting with tactics, and for training your weakest / least important trainees. Rounding out minutes correctly for your roster. Make sure your training is set right I guess.
Friday: Pop day! (training happens) players skills rise and fall. As well as game shape updating. The first bit is equal parts exciting and anxiety inducing for those of us with both trainees and old (33+) players. Game shape is worth tracking I think, no matter what level you're at you can just aim to improve on last weeks game shape for your own team.
- I always check out game shape of my opponents too, between Friday morning's update and late on Saturday is where you make your main plan for next weeks training / games, etc.

Then as a new team I guess it's reading the forums to gain knowledge (Google is useful here). Most important is probably game shape which I've already mentioned but not explained.
For most teams there's usually at least one reason to keep an eye on the transfer market - for a new team #1 is picking up some new/extra trainees. Balance age vs potential vs TSP. I'd favour 1 and 3 initially. Then maybe look for 3-6 (or 8 if you plan on only training 3 players initially) low cost players with better skills than your starting players. Pay attention to salary as well, keeping this low is important.
(I'd also be expanding your arena, but this isn't exactly a thing that occupies much time on a weekly basis)

I ramble, and likely forgot some important stuff.
Transfer list + scouting opponents + second guessing your own tactical decisions + obsessing over future plans you can't speed up (or achieve because of cost) occupy the most time I guess.

Last edited by Bergkamp at 1/16/2017 5:46:38 PM

This Post:
284473.3 in reply to 284473.2
Date: 1/18/2017 8:54:40 PM
Roaring Lions
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Blue Pandas
Hey, Bergkamp has pretty much hit the nail on the head.

There is a Training simulator (last updated version on 6th man post) (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

This can help you train your player/'s better by potentially seeing what they can be turned into after a few seasons. Also how much player salaries will be although the new changes to the game will not be on the simulator as well. It is not 100% with training speeds but it is the best we have as far as I am aware.

This game can at times drive you crazy with some of the things it does. However, it is what it is and just have fun.

Last edited by RonsoAdonai at 1/18/2017 8:55:30 PM