BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Training Spot 1.1

Training Spot 1.1

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/1/2017 4:48:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I posted this suggestion last season however I've now refined it and added a few more points.

This will be an addition to the current system. Currently you select your training and the desired position(s) each week and the player(s) playing in the position(s) get the benefits. What the training spot does is allow the user to select a player who will automatically receive 48 minutes worth of time in the position you selected for training. 

The goal of this would be to increase the amount of players being trained, giving value to lower potential players and ultimately making it cheaper and faster for new users to improve their team. However I didn't want it being abused by people using it to stop age drops or making top players even better. 

Therefore there would be an age restriction on the players able to use the training spot. Probably having to be 21 or younger. I wouldn't go any older as having it at 21 will encourage users to start training someone new every few seasons. Here is an example of what it be like:

You select Pressure at PG as your training and select Bob (who is 20) as the player in the training spot. This will show Bob has 48+ minutes on the training table automatically, exactly like selecting team training but only for Bob.

Other benefits:
> Draft - increases value of the draft and gives more value to lower potential players
> Home grown teams - adds the ability to train more players
> Out of position training - could use the training spot instead
>Micro National teams - more players being trained will give a bigger pool of players to choose from.

This Post:
288287.3 in reply to 288287.2
Date: 7/1/2017 9:19:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This could be a problem. However I guess that's assuming that the older teams don't already do this. It would result in more trained players being available on the transfer list though.

A potential cap could limit those type of fears. It would definitely be something to consider

This Post:
288287.4 in reply to 288287.1
Date: 7/1/2017 10:16:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
IMO this would be an improvement to what is currently training in BB. and overall good impact for game I think on many levels, market, fun, competitiveness, balance etc.

This Post:
288287.5 in reply to 288287.1
Date: 7/3/2017 1:22:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like it.