Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/22/2017 10:21:03 AM
Magical Drunks
IV.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Boston Paradise
I wrote this years ago when I played this game for the first time, and I still think the same. It is difficult to create your own team, I mean, It's difficult to have a team in which you have trained all your starters, this is not a problem for big teams who can buy good and young players, but for me for example, it's difficult to create a good team with players I like.

I think that a good way to solve this is with a passive training, something like experience, you can upgrade your players skills by making them play, this could be a combination with your active training (current training) in order to improve all the players at the same time.

I'm not speaking about a training with the same efficiency, maybe if you train a player with the active training, your player will upgrade 0.4 in what he is training just by playing 48 minutes, but every player will be able to upgrade for example 0.01 in rebounding for each rebound they catch.

This will make players upgrade quickly, and players that are not being trained could still be upgrading skills by taking shots, giving assists or rebounding.

What do you think??

This Post:
288592.2 in reply to 288592.1
Date: 7/22/2017 10:37:25 AM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
For me, the best improvement should be a full training at 40+ or at least 45+ minutes.

One other think I would like to see is that IS and JS training give a little bit % on FT.

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
288592.5 in reply to 288592.2
Date: 7/25/2017 11:18:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For me, the best improvement should be a full training at 40+ or at least 45+ minutes.

Or maybe even a sliding scale, where training a player who has a low skill may get the full benefit from even 24 minutes, while 48 would only be required at a much higher level, with various plateaus in between. What "low" and "higher" levels need to be set at and the progressions and all that of course are details that are important but that I haven't really put thought into as yet, but I really liked your idea and think this is a pretty decent addition to it.

This Post:
288592.6 in reply to 288592.5
Date: 7/25/2017 4:25:24 PM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Thx. I still think it would be the best solution to make an exact number of minutes for all, like 40+ min for full training, it would make it easier a lot.

What about to get some % on FT when you train IS and JS? Would like to hear your opinion.
Cheers!

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
288592.7 in reply to 288592.6
Date: 7/25/2017 5:52:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about to get some % on FT when you train IS and JS? Would like to hear your opinion.
Cheers!

I think it should be required that you set a percentage of training aside for stamina, a percentage for free throws, a percentage for game shape, and the rest goes into the TSP skills. I think the minimum should be 10, and that the skill training would be sped up so that it's maybe twice as fast so that you'd get the same results as today if you allocated 50% to TSP and 50 combined to FT/ST/GS. That of course means that teams that are able to get by (either because they're tanking or in a crap league) with the bare minimum in the other skills can train players about 40% faster than before, but the days of everyone who can even remotely manage minutes always having very good game shape will end.

Of course, since Hattrick went to that model with their stamina training ages and ages ago, I can't really claim it's an original idea by any stretch. But on the rare occasion they do something wise, I suppose it can't hurt to borrow the idea. ;)

[edit: Oh, and as far as the question specifically asked, rather than my alternative... I dunno. I think FT training is different enough from jump shots, outside shots and inside shots that while making it a secondary of those solves a game mechanic issue, it doesn't seem the ideal method. If, as we all agree, FT shooting should never, ever be 0% on a player in the game who is paid to play the game and goes to the line more than about 10 times, it should be something that every player has happen, not just those who happen to train any chosen skill in a training position some week. But that's my opinion, which is no louder because of the glaring capital letters before my user name or from the tasteful avatar of a dog who is a whole heck of a lot older now than when the picture was taken.]

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 7/25/2017 5:56:30 PM

This Post:
288592.8 in reply to 288592.6
Date: 7/26/2017 10:23:45 AM
Magical Drunks
IV.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Boston Paradise
I think that 40+ min could be a good idea. I also think the FT should be trained with other trains or the experience, something that doesn't make you train FT to a player unless you want a really good free throw shooter.

This Post:
288592.9 in reply to 288592.8
Date: 7/27/2017 11:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Increasing the number of staff trainers would be a great thing. As it stands you have to pay at least a half million dollars just to get a decent superior training staff. One went for 750k for a 27k salary tier 5 no specialty, that is ridiculous. They shouldn't be free, but they also shouldn't be completely unattainable for fairly new teams. Tough to keep new players interested when they cant afford decent players or decent trainers to make decent players.

This Post:
288592.11 in reply to 288592.10
Date: 7/28/2017 12:43:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess it just depends on the term 'new managers'. There are people in my series that have been playing for 15 or more seasons, no chance in hell they can ever afford a lvl 5 trainer. It's not like level 5 is the best either. I have played before and have a decent knowledge of training and have been successful with a lvl 4. As long as this logic of maintaining an ever widening gap between vets and new players exists, you cannot be too surprised that new players don't stick around very long. Again, not saying lvl 5 trainers should be free, but 750k for a pretty mediocre tier 5 trainer is excessive. Futility is not an attractive element to new players, the question is: how bad do you want new players to stick around? How much growth has the game sustained over the past few years?