This Post:
292719.2 in reply to 292719.1
Date: 3/11/2018 1:59:42 PM
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
Some put their best scorer at a position like C but playing D at their normal position. Maybe their scorer is a SG but they play them at C while defending the opponents SG. Your scorer will take the majority of the shots in Patient as long as it’s the best matchup for your team. If your scorer normally plays SG, your opponents may put their best defender on your SG, which makes it where your SG isn’t the best offensive matchup for your team. When this happens your team will look for other options.

This Post:
292719.4 in reply to 292719.1
Date: 3/11/2018 2:23:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The engine looks for the best mismatch and in patience the tactic/style of play is so slow that the players keep passing the ball tot find this best mismatch.

You as a manager can put certain players on the right postion tot create the best possible mismatch the engine cant refuse to use as best mismatch.

For instance a guard at PF or C when you know your opponent has low od. Or a insider on sf when opponent sf with a guard with low id etc etc.

Last edited by Maupster at 3/11/2018 2:37:00 PM

This Post:
292719.5 in reply to 292719.3
Date: 3/11/2018 9:46:11 PM
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
He pretty much hit it on the head. Your best outside scorer would have typical high outside stats. Your best inside scorer would have inside skills. I wouldn’t say low passing because Patient creates a lot of passing and if any of the guys are poor in passing your turnover rate will be high. If you have one of those players who can shoot a high percentage from the outside you could play him at a position where he would have someone with less OD trying to stop him. That is the situation you see in a lot of these scenarios that you are talking about. Or, as stated above they put a dominant inside scorer at SF against a lesser ID player trying to stop him. The game engine will always look for the best mismatch to exploit. As far as the perfect build for this type of setup I can’t answer since I’ve never tried it myself.