Rebuild Tips

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/31/2018 21:53:42
Springfield Storm
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm going to be undergoing a significant rebuild for really the first time in my buzzerbeater career but I think it's best for my team in the long run. If I could get some rebuilding tips from a team that has had a successful rebuild that'd be awesome! I have quite a few questions, don't feel obligated to answer the ones you don't have a good answer to.

1. Should I keep a few "veterans" on the roster that are capable of starting, or should I just sell everybody and have a complete overhaul and youth movement?

2. How many prospects should I train to begin with? I'm thinking 3, but I'll have plenty of minutes to go around for the young guys.

3. Which position should I start with training wise? I was thinking I'd try to train 4-5 of my own guys and then finish out the roster with the free agent market.

4. How much money is necessary for a successful rebuild? You have to think about the cost of your prospects as well as future free agent additions.

Any help is highly appreciated!

This Post:
292923.2 in reply to 292923.1
Date: 04/01/2018 08:42:27
CB Underdogs
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Underdogs Academy
1. It depends on a few facts. If the veterans are too old (37 yo or higher) better sell them (or even kick them if they can't be sold). I would keep them if they're still "young", or at least they are still useful. It also depends of your own goals next season.

2. If you are going to prepare an unipositional training plan (OD, IS…), 3 players. Otherwise, it is recommended to have at least 6 trainees for bipositional training plan (such as one-on-one).

3. One-on-one for SF/PF is usually the best choice for starting training.

4. No idea, that's too subjective… it's not the same at all for a IV division than for a II division team. You can still find some good but old players. The one that are up to 30-32 yo are still quite expensive.

Hope it helps a bit, good luck

Sigue al equipo en Twitter! https://twitter.com/cb_underdogs

This Post:
292923.5 in reply to 292923.1
Date: 04/06/2018 11:44:09
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey,

The 1st step is to buy the right trainer, you should get at least a lvl 5 trainer but a lvl 6 would be optimal, but he is expensive.

1) Look at the salary floor, you shouldn't try to go below it because you will have to pay it anyway.

2) What is your plan? If you want to build a really good team, you should get 3 18 years old with a potential of 7 at least. Train them until the they turn 22. If you do everything right you could build 2-3 U21 players. When they hit 22, buy 3 superstar-HoF potential guys. They will have 4 years less then your other guys this means when your other guys will hit their full potential the 1st guys will have 28-30 years, this depends on your training plan. In the end you will have at least 4 season where you have 6 competitive guys that you trained by yourself.
However this takes a long time and a lot of patience is needed.
If you only want to build around 3 guys buy 3 superstar-HoF potential guys. Get in contact with their nation to build them up for U21/NT. They should be ready at age 24-26 (depending on their potential cap).

3) You should definitely train 1vs1 forward first. 4 skills will train with this training JS/HA/DR/IS, this will later be useful for the elastic effect. Then you should go for their defensive skills and then for passing and their attacking skills (attacking skills will increase their salary faster).

4) If you get a lvl 6 trainer with a salary of +- 30k you should at least need 1,5 million.
Don't let you fool with potential, HoF is already hard to train until they cap so All time great is really not needed. Superstar may be enough for you. Don't buy the 1st trainees you find, you need to find the ones who fit. They should have +- the same starting skills. It is bad to have one trainee who got ID 7 and one who has ID 1 f.ex.
Look for guys who have Freethrows and Stamina 5-6, because you don't want to train those skills at the end of the training.

You need to determine what kind of player you want to train guards?bigs?wings?

For guards look for guys that are +- 6'2 / wings +- 6'7 / bigs 6'10

Why? Because outside training accelerates the smaller they are and decreases inside training and vice versa. 6'7 is neutral so best for wings.

So you can find those players for 300-400 k but you will probably find them for less, but as I said look forward to have players with similar stats and you should know what you want. Building wings should be best because they are the most expensive on the transfermarkt, however they are the toughest to build.

As I said get in contact with the U21 NT teams, they will provide you with the right training plan.

If you buy united states palyers this will increase you merchandise because fans love to see players with their country nationality.

Message deleted