BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > This game is bleeding users

This game is bleeding users

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/12/2018 19:05:35
Overall Posts Rated:
I love this game and I have been playing it for years. I pay for supporter in hopes of keeping it alive for a few more years, but we lost 300 users in the past few months and I would love to here from the BBs on what the plan is. Do they acknowledge the game is losing users? Do they have a plan to get new blood in here? Will this site even exist a year from now?

Obviously we will never reach the hey day of 60k+ users again but surely we would all feel better if the user base hovered above 20k-30 right?

Poll:  How worried are you about the loss in user population?

very concered
only mildly bothered
no feelings either way
I am confident things will be okay

This Post:
294635.3 in reply to 294635.2
Date: 07/14/2018 09:38:54
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I agree with Perpete. (Hope that doesn't cause a heart attack in France).

The game has been losing users in a steady trickle for some time and will continue to do so. As far as the number of users are concerned it won't kill the game for some time. I see no reason to change the long term plans I have to still be here, and see no reason why anyone should be very concerned. Fear can only make things worse.

This Post:
294635.4 in reply to 294635.1
Date: 07/14/2018 10:00:59
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if there's really much the BBs can do since this sort of trend is not unique to BuzzerBeater. Every online sports manager-type game is losing users. I'm not exactly sure why this type of game is losing popularity, but there's no doubt that it is happening.

This Post:
294635.5 in reply to 294635.3
Date: 07/14/2018 11:10:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you are being hyperbolic when throwing around the word fear. The steady loss is cause for concern. I am asking the BBs or GMs or whomever to address if they have a plan to try and recruit some new users. Obviously by the small sample size people who have invested years and dollars into this game are concerned as well.

With a small game like this, the staff should prioritize communication and interaction with their customers. I run two small businesses so I am not talking out my ass, and I only speak on all this because I earnestly care about this site.

This game is not for everyone. Other online manager games are losing users. Fine and fine. That does not mean we just just sit back and pretend everything is okay. I believe in being proactive and not reactive.

The best way to grow this site is probably word of mouth and referrals from users. The GMs should be encouraging and incentivising us to do so with some sort of plan.

I believe other users on here are intelligent enough to see all this as well. So if the game is slowly losing users, that only serves to demotivate a portion of active users when it comes to investing time and money on this site.

This Post:
294635.6 in reply to 294635.5
Date: 07/14/2018 12:51:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the best way to grow this game is paid advertisement. Just like you and I I run 2 business online and I use alot of marketing to get the people I want to talk to and market pitches to them.

This Post:
294635.7 in reply to 294635.5
Date: 07/14/2018 14:23:39
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I think you are being hyperbolic when throwing around the word fear.

I don't. See other threads for more of the same. This has been talked about for a long time. Including two threads where for a number of months I tracked the loss of users.

I believe other users on here are intelligent enough to see all this as well.

Its not intelligent to assume that someone who disagrees with you, or doesn't think the way you do is not intelligent.

This Post:
294635.9 in reply to 294635.8
Date: 07/14/2018 17:40:52
Jambon Mogettes
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with Perpete. (Hope that doesn't cause a heart attack in France).

I'm saving my heart for tomorrow afternoon.

Does à GM have a heart? :?

This Post:
294635.10 in reply to 294635.8
Date: 07/14/2018 18:33:48
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
No offence to any other nations but bonne chance.

This Post:
294635.11 in reply to 294635.10
Date: 07/15/2018 12:19:03
Overall Posts Rated:
To be honest i used to play in 2009 until and some months of 2011 . Back then there were like 60k teams , and always online more than a thousand people . Just got back last month , economy system have completly changed from that time and its obvious when less people play the game . There are not that much money , players and etc anymore . The fun fact is that i logged in after 7-8 years and the game is the same . THE SAME . Even the design site . Back then i had made a promo video about BB (its still uploaded on youtube) and it has like 9k views . Anyway , people didnt stop to love basketball , and there are not any other games to play something similar . Buzzerbeater will be their only choice . We just have to let them know . If only BBs could afford paying some ads on facebook or any other big basketball websites it would be awesome . We can all take part in order to help . We can bring buzzerbeater back to life . We just have to spread it . I really want to feel that moment when (at least in Greece) you did need like 2 or 3 seasons to get promoted from V to IV , because even there , were not that many bots ...

Another suggestion thats kinda weird but still honorable is to restart the game . Completly new beginning. Everybody starts from zero , it will have fun once again for everyone to train their very first players , leagues will be all active , cause there will not be any more old accounts turned into bots . If there are like 500 active teams on a country , you just put them on leagues for 500 active teams . Or something similar .

In conclusion buzzerbeater needs to be advertised more and for sure something new , to get the attention back.