Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/6/2018 7:27:50 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Yes, the first multipart feature is being implemented. Since it is a very big one, it is going to be released in three parts, this being the first one. More on the second and third below.

The Arena Design feature is pretty simple at this point. Investing in a nice arena design has two advantages:

1. the arena page looks nicer and you'll be able to show off your ability to purchase the best one for your team - hey, it's a matter of prestige!

2. the fans love a nice arena - they'll buy more team merchandise featuring the arena itself. Think of it as a long term investment, spend a lot now to get even more in the long run. How much? That's for you to figure out

Our Supporters have a larger selection of the designs, but without any advantages over non-Supporters. Each price bracket has one design for non-Supporters with the same merchandise bonus as the other ones in that same bracket.

As for the future updates - here's a small breakdown of planned developments of the feature:

Part 2 will bring a larger visible area around the arena with the option of buying and rearranging various elements to further improve the looks. The effect will be a nicer arena page - again - prestige!

Part 3 will complete the feature with the option of investing in team infrastructure. Those will have a definite impact on various aspects of the game. How should we put this without revealing too much? For example, our team doctor might work better in a proper medical center. It may be worth mentioning that each building will be visible and rearrangeable.

Hope you like our feature and let us know what you think about it!

This Post:
295938.3 in reply to 295938.2
Date: 9/6/2018 7:50:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think its great! Good job!

This Post:
295938.4 in reply to 295938.1
Date: 9/6/2018 7:57:39 PM
In honorem Heinrici II.
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bamberg Gladiators
Very Cool!

This will strenghen the economy part of the game and gives us a nice option to improve the weekly income. The third part also looks very promising. More options to fine tune your own strategy - that's what makes a simulation great.

Keep up the good work, Marin! The second major and very welcome addition within a few months (function team in June, arena building now) - that's great!

Last edited by Shadow at 9/6/2018 7:59:41 PM

Derrick "Daddy Cool" Taylor - unvergessen

This Post:
295938.5 in reply to 295938.2
Date: 9/6/2018 8:09:43 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
1. This is only part one of 3, there will be some more visual options, added in subsequent parts. I don't know how big a dev team, the amount of funds and time they had when they developed a computer game, something that is somewhat easier than doing the same for browsers. And as for the graphics comparison, I disagree, I guess it is a matter of taste, so - beyond discussion.

2. The court design is intentionally not included as doing so would require a lot of dev time for little effect, especially since the design would be barely visible.

3. You had to figure out most of the things in this game - it's actually nothing new and a very important part of the gameplay - discovery through group cooperation, effort and persistence.

4. If you don't like the basic design that much, we can add the "hide" option but we thought you could just ignore it and leave it as it is, without investing anything, just having a nice pic on the arena page.

Thanks for the feedback, hope you don't take my comments as offensive, I'm just trying to address your concerns and try to give feedback of my own.

@the rest of the guys: Thank you!

Last edited by BB-Marin at 9/6/2018 8:11:27 PM

This Post:
295938.7 in reply to 295938.5
Date: 9/6/2018 8:30:26 PM
River Legends
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for all you do for this game. I dont know you but I really appreciate the times that this wonderful game gave to me (and still gives me) for so many years. Im one of the oldies, from the times that Charles and Mark were ruling this. Beyond the new changes, which I personally find very interesting, I just want to thank you for what you do for this community and this game.

Thanks Marin!

This Post:
295938.9 in reply to 295938.8
Date: 9/6/2018 9:23:46 PM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Firstly, thanks for your effort this. The art design reminds me of another game called "Software inc." where you buy a piece of land and build your office from ground up. The similarities are striking tbh.

It would be interesting to see how much impact this would make to revenues and to the game's economy as a whole. Currently it seems these are just cosmetic changes.

Lastly, I would like to know if there are plans to shift the focus to concerns voiced by majority of players in these forums. Preferably in the same format like this one where a road map for the next 2 or three updates would give the users an idea where development is going. Thanks!

Last edited by Pro_Shot 🇵🇭 at 9/7/2018 2:44:43 AM

This Post:
295938.11 in reply to 295938.1
Date: 9/6/2018 9:47:28 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
It's definitely a nice feature which doesn't add any excessive complexity to the game. Quick question though. Will the upcoming changes in Part 2 also increase the merchandise bonus or are they for aesthetic purposes only?