BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Help regarding trainer

Help regarding trainer

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/29/2019 7:42:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm at a point where I'm deciding whether to go from an advanced trainer to a superior one. There seems to be quite a price increase between the two levels.

Currently, I'm stuck in a place where I'm finishing about 3rd or 4th in my league. I've invested in some younger players that could be decent players and I'm saving about 150K per week to invest in some top players when the time comes.

What is the difference in training between advanced and superior? Is it worth the price difference.

I just drafted these two 19 year olds with MVP potential. Could they be great players even though they're 19?
Player A
Jump Shot: strong Jump Range: inept
Outside Def.: strong Handling: strong
Driving: strong Passing: strong
Inside Shot: mediocre Inside Def.: inept
Rebounding: inept Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: mediocre

Experience: atrocious TSP: 63 (44 + 19)

Player B
Jump Shot: respectable Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: inept
Driving: respectable Passing: strong
Inside Shot: inept Inside Def.: pitiful
Rebounding: average Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: pitiful Free Throw: awful

Experience: atrocious TSP: 59 (40 + 19)

Thanks for any help you can give.

This Post:
298120.2 in reply to 298120.1
Date: 1/29/2019 9:03:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is very unlikely that you will make a profit training such players in any circumstance. Training is usually not effective in this game nor profitable.

This Post:
298120.4 in reply to 298120.3
Date: 1/30/2019 12:29:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Give me a break.

This guy doesn't even know to list the heights and how important that is. He doesn't even know what positions he is training for. How are they good draftees???

He could get similar TSPs at 18 off the list this weekend for dirt cheap in a lower potential. Probably those players won't sell, meaning they have no value. At least start with players that cost about 50k or so, or should, if you are gonna train from scratch. Training draftees is not that beneficial at all when you are giving up on a season worth of pops on lower TSPs and advanced age, bad starting skill-set for height etc. etc.

If you got a guy under 6'4'' then you want 4+ in IS/ID/SB and under 3 in RB, for example.

THese things are important. Totally changes your time out of position, your salary calculations, your cap calculations - everything.

I can see now how you cap mid-potentials on Gs, probably training 6 footers that started with 7 RB. Ugh.